Hellow Dali - HN-RD-GD - I'm Salvador Gumby Damn It!

GAS Man

• Members

How much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

HNGD!

It was the review I read where it said, "The Black on this guitar goes to 11!" that made me decide I had to have it, cuz that's one more idn't it? ;)

• Members
Cool. What were your specific issues with yours (oh and did you get the ebony also or score the brief shot at the trans amber SDOTD?)?

I can see where it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. As I was getting at above, it doesn't seem to have as much range as like a Les Paul, but compared to an Explorer, I think I like this one better. But feel free to add your negative impressions as well. This is a forum.
;):thu:

I got one of the Trans Amber ones. I can't give you specifics. The body shape really didn't agree with my body build. I also had a bad toggle switch. It was more of a gut feeling that the RD wasn't the guitar for me.

• Members

I got one of the Trans Amber ones. I can't give you specifics. The body shape really didn't agree with my body build. I also had a bad toggle switch. It was more of a gut feeling that the RD wasn't the guitar for me.

Ah, and that was the color I coveted. How was the grain matching on it? I see there's someone on ebay trying to flip an amber now for $999. I wonder how close he'll get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-RD-STANDARD-w-hardshell-case-Limited-edition-/160638948921?pt=Guitar&hash=item2566d3d639

oh and now another one at $888 with only 6 minutes left to go - will it sell?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-RD-Standard-Transparent-Amber-finish-case-/260834180185?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cbaedbc59

• Members

Thanks on both thoughts.

And you were unfortunately right what you said just 9 days ago when I posted the 12-string SG

Still trying to exercise self control. I'm running out of financial and space capacity so I'll need to give up my GAS'r crown soon.

In some ways I'm doing better.

I did manage (so far) to avoid this little demon temptation for $199

DV016_Jpg_Large_H25343.005.001_red_black
I mean, dang, black hardware on a Dano? That was dern near enough for me to lose it right there. Luckily I have a rather similar '56 Pro Dano and I often can restrain if the difference is merely color.

But it seems like as I'm trying to get a grip, lately the vendors are upping the ante a bit with more enticing deals. It seemed like for a while they were keeping inventories lower so they wouldn't have to dump as much gear, but now it seems like the deals have been sweetening up again.

I hate to think how much owning a PC has cost me over the years. They should all come with a warning that PCs and interwebs browsing can lead to profligate consumerism.
:eek:

:wave:

You have come far Grasshopper but still have a long journey ahead.:poke:

Actually I'd be tempted as well with that but after playing a Dano Reissue at GC...meh.

• Members

Ah, and that was the color I coveted. How was the grain matching on it? I see there's someone on ebay trying to flip an amber now for $999. I wonder how close he'll get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-RD-STANDARD-w-hardshell-case-Limited-edition-/160638948921?pt=Guitar&hash=item2566d3d639

oh and now another one at $888 with only 6 minutes left to go - will it sell?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-RD-Standard-Transparent-Amber-finish-case-/260834180185?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cbaedbc59

Here are pics of the one I had.

DSCF0557.jpg

DSCF0560.jpg

I guess I should have flipped it on ebay. Such is life. :idk:

• Members

Here are pics of the one I had.

DSCF0560.jpg

I guess I should have flipped it on ebay. Such is life.
:idk:

Well, you gotta consider the margin after ebay fees and is it worth your time and hassle. I do like that amber :love: on the other hand I did think the grain matching would have been a concern for me. Yours looked like it was a bit off on shade, but the grain lines seem to continue on into the piece on the lower left. So it looks from the pic like it did and didn't quite match. But still a neat looking color for that design.

• Members

Here's a video to celebrate your receipt of Salvador Gumby, it was the source of my RD GAS:

Thanks. I hadn't seen any vids of any recording artists using an RD before. I hadn't followed this model until the 2007 Guitar Of The Week models came out. I think they had a Silverburst version back then. That natural burst is indeed a winner, and the gold hw works well with it. :thu:

• Members

I just used the Guitar Dater Project on mine and got this

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

November 30th, 2010

Production Number: 305

Not too old, but you can tell they were starting to gather a bit 'o dust around yea 'ol warehouses.

Archived