What kind of OD pedal will get me a brittish crunch type sound?

Fersnachi

• Members

EHX English Muff'n!

What delay are you after, anyway?

The EHX is nice but it wont get that sound. It does a good 70's marshall mid-high gain sound with a lot of top end. Cleans up ok, and cuts well (almost too well).... but I wouldnt recommend it for this application. Its not an overdrive, it does not stack well into anything else, but it does respond well for lead tones when you have a TS or low gain OD driving it.

Overall fun pedal, but not as dynamic as it could be, partly to the EQ not being very responsive.

• Members

Tough thing about these units is the general inablilty to try before you buy. Once you get beyond Boss, Digitech and a handful of others, they're only available online (for us folks in "flyover country", anyway). I'm diggin' the Wampler Pinnacle, Suhr Riot and Cmatmods Brownie based on 'tube demos, but I'm sure some (many) nuances don't translate. Nearest dealer for some of those units is 3 hours one way. I'll gladly do that trip to look at dropping $500-1000+ and a guitar or amp, but it's a little much for a pedal.