NGD: Another Gibson LP Standard.. Long overdue

metal0822

• Members

So I actually picked this up last week locally off a gear page member. It was a deal I couldn't pass up and when I played it in person I noticed amazing resonance and everything else checked out. This one has a beefier neck than my also recently acquired 78 standard, but not nearly as aggressive of a tone. This one is a bit sweeter. It has a custom shop jimmy page neck pickup, and a jb bridge (coming out very soon) both hooked up to push/pull coil splits. For the price of 1250 and being able to check it out in person, I couldnt say no. Do I have a problem??

isnt she sexy?

DSCF0311.jpg

nice plain top

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0313.jpg

although less flattering, this shows the color more like it actually is in person (more tan, not as orange)

DSCF0314.jpg

gibson :)

DSCF0316.jpg

great piece of mahog for the back

DSCF0320.jpg

another pretty accurate color shot

DSCF0324.jpg

• Members

i believe its a honeyburst, i was never informed of the finish option though. thanks for all the kind words.

and mario, the jb is way too aggressive and shrill. i like a nice lower output pickup with some growl and a big ass. the jb is sizzly and sharp, which would be great for some guitars but i want a fat ass when i play my paul.

• Members

having second thoughts about the jb right now. just jammed with it for a solid couple of hours and i kind of learned it a little bit. just gotta stay away from my boost pedal

Yeah you're going to be going around and around on this one like I did with the JB; most of the time I hated it, sometimes it was awesome. I just couldn't bring myself to love it and went on the never ending pickup swap journey that ended in me just selling the damn guitar. :lol: It wasn't an LP though.

But I dig it; just about everything that a good LP should have going for it. HNGD! :thu:

Archived