Connecting to ad-doubleclick.net...WTF? New or what? But whatever it is, it's slow!

GAS Man

• Members

Is this a new website host?

I dunno, but I've stopped by twice today on two different system connections, and man it's slow.
:(

Whassup?

It's the ad hosting service that provides the little ads up in the banner. HC reaches out to it for a new ad with each page change. Apparently there is a bad/slow connection.

• Members

made no difference to mine at all.

before this it was googleads.doubleclick...or something

Face it, they will always be using this stuff and as soon as it gets blocked enough they will shift to another way.

At least assessing tv ratings don't slow down programmes...............

• Members

It's been doing the same thing to me. I added ad-doubleclick.net to my ad blocker plugin in Firefox and it fixed the problem.

I did the same thing a few hours ago. I just assumed that because no one else brought it up that it was a 'me' problem.

ADBlock plus is great not just to get rid of ads and crap, but mainly to speed things up. It's also great to block irritating avatars and obnoxious pictures in signatures in other forums.

• Members

ADBlock plus is great not just to get rid of ads and crap, but mainly to speed things up. It's also great to block irritating avatars and obnoxious pictures in signatures in other forums.

+1 for adblock plus. I love an ad free surfing experience.

Archived