AmpliTube Recording Question?

burton4snow

• Members

Something like Cubase or Reaper is ( cheap / free) , amplitube is a plugin that would open inside those programs ( it may be stand alone also but I don't think it records ) then you can mixdown to a mp3 , it would be 2 track but if you both have a program to record into , as long as you mix the track down from 0:00 it would line up when imported back into the program , that way say you just wanted to put a lead over his tune , you could just send him back the lead instead of the whole mix each time, just as an option but it's good to be able to do , infact you could mix down to wav , upload it at a host site like yousendit for free and have higher quality audio sharing . Also as a freebee it's hard to beat the quality of LePou plugins and lecab impulse loader

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/

• Members

I have a Podxt is it possible to use this for the amp models how do I plug into the computer with my guitar?

the xt has a USB connection , not sure how well it works though , but usually you would need a interface , either USB or Firewire or AES pci . Some guys do actually use the line in on the onboard sound card but a interface with preamps is usually a step up , the pros will be using out board pre's and hardware with AES /ebu cards and converters , like Lynx or RME , Mytek , etc etc .

• Members

I have my podxt connected by the usb and in recording in the sound area of my computer it shows up but how do I play through it and record it preferable to MP3

Are you using a multitrack program like Reaper ? Pretty sure it won't record mp3 but it can be mixed down and exported as mp3 .

• Members

the xt has a USB connection , not sure how well it works though , but usually you would need a interface , either USB or Firewire or AES pci . Some guys do actually use the line in on the onboard sound card but a interface with preamps is usually a step up , the pros will be using out board pre's and hardware with AES /ebu cards and converters , like Lynx or RME , Mytek , etc etc .

The XT's USB interface works fine, you don't need anything else for low end work. If you want to experiment with free stuff just grab a copy of Audacity or Ardour, set your input signal to the XT and have fun.

If you want to record a "dry" signal and then use software on the PC to layer effects you'll need skip the XT though- you can put through a pretty colorless signal but to the best of my knowledge it's going to modify it to some degree.

• Members

Record to wave then convert it to MP3 if you have to.

The Best way isnt to use EMail though. If you want to trade quality recordings

upload the wave files to a free site like Drop Box, then he can download on his side

and imported into his DAW program. All DAW programs will see Wave files so you're

best sticking with them. If you use the same DAW programs you can save the work as a Project.

When its opened up by someone, all the edits and effects will be there. They do their thing, save it and send it back to you.

This way you arent having to inport and export tracks all over the place, you'd both be working on the same project when you record.

You dont want to record to MP3. Mixdown to MP3 only if you have to. Even better yet, mix down to CD quality wave files and save that as a master

Then you can make MP3 copies from a copy of the master. Use the master for burning CD's or quality playbacks.

Archived