Cheap Pickups for a Mid/High End Level Guitar... Is It Worth It?

dimibetan

• Members
As usual, I agree with sully. The off-putting thing is that some of those 90% negative folks have a lot of experience and have countless bits of information they can and do contribute.

:(

I will go a teeny step further and point out that there are two forumites that, at least for a while, would seemingly almost ALWAYS recommend Rose pickups anytime someone asked for advice. I have zero problem with that except one of them would almost always mention the Rose Mariposas and Buff Beauties even when the person asking for advice was asking about things like CS54s and Duncan Antiquities. I'm not comparing the quality, but those pickups aren't even remotely in the same sonic ballpark.

That's my only beef and to be honest, I really couldn't care less. There are folks that think that unless they have Lollars or Fralins, their guitar won't sound good enough for a bar gig. On the other hand, you have folks that play Epiphones with stock pickups or MIM ceramics at 50 gigs a year and think their guitar sounds just fine. Anyone with an IQ around 95 should be able to deduce that different people have different 'requirements'... some want to play and some want to tweak. To argue about this {censored} so endlessly makes you seem as though you don't have an IQ of
quite

I'm somewhere in between. I like modding stuff, including the higher end stuff that I own but I also get enjoyment out of playing pretty much any guitar that is intonated properly.

What I definitely don't like is when people throw out their snide remarks and try to hide behind issues other than the gear. If you're a snob, say, 'I have enough money to own 25 American guitars and I wouldn't be caught dead playing a Squier with GFS pickups at a gig'.

Or just don't say anything at all, like your mama probably tried to teach you.
:lol:

(Edit: It goes without saying that those last few sentences were in no way directed at mistersully.)

I hope I wasn't one of those "two" people. I do recommend Rose and BG as viable options anytime someone is looking for pickups. I have installed multiple sets from both of them either for myself or my guitar repair clientele. By no means are they the only pickups I use or recommend. I do try to give them business anytime I can as I see the value in their products and want them to succeed.

:wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OP, how long did it take you to source those parts? Original Fender body and neck with a Floyd Rose routing do not pop up too often in the world of used guitar parts.

actually, there was an auction for a 93' AM Fender FR Strat dismantled parts on one ebay seller. actually, i didnt won the neck. only the body... so, i bought a 11' Fender Std Strat neck and convert it to a FR neck after i complete my parts.

Archived