About to pull the trigger.....Warmoth Strat neck with 1.75" nut width.

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

They've got some Strat necks with the boatneck profile, and 1.75" starting at $157.......of course when you add a nut and finish it's around $297 shipped.

Really thinking about doing this......my big hands deserve a little space. :o

Actually, how hard would it be to finish it myself? Could I do Tung Oil or something?

What does EBMM do? You have to oil and wax it once or twice a year.......that would be nice......minus having to deal with oiling and waxing around tuners.

Fretboards don't need a finish, right?

• Members

I had one made earlier this year with 1 3/4" nut, but with the SRV profile. Still damn big... I love it. I spent extra to get SS frets & the clear nitro finish. Yeah, it cost a decent amount, but it's great and I was able to take it out of the box, bolt 'er on and go.

I have really big hands and love this neck.

rd

• Members

Tru-oil is very easy to apply but on a fretted neck be careful about it damming up. If you want to put a light coat of oil on the fretboard, cut the oil with naptha to thin it and get any excess off the cloth so it doesn't run or squeeze off the cloth onto the fretboard

• Members

Their satin nitro finishes are awesome. I think you will be very happy with it.

It's got to be better, and more comfy than the stock Hwy. 1 neck. It's okay, but the extra nut width should be awesome.

I spent around 2 weeks watching their showcase, and building necks......actually, bid on a used one on eBay tonight. Didn't win. :o

Thought that neck was a good deal, and went for it.

Archived