Yamaha

onelife

• Members

Japanese made Yamahas are up there with the big names. Well, Yamaha is a big name alright but maybe too big to be properly understood by the general guitar buying public. Everyone associates the name with whatever model they have once tried and in most case, it's a beginner or mid-range model.

Their top end basses are more accepted by working musicians. And their hand built acoustics (up to about $12,000 for the top regular model L-86 with crazy nice options) are heavenly instruments that are, believe it or not, in a class higher than Martins, Taylors, Larriv

• Members

Yamaha make some utterly gorgeous instruments across their entire range. Even their Acoustic guitars are pretty special, and I may be picking up one of their high end acoustics myself in the next couple of weeks. Their SG range is phenomenal, I'd urge anyone who hasn't yet to try one.

• Members

...Everyone associates the name with whatever model they have once tried and in most case, it's a beginner or mid-range model....

I think that is very true and because they make such a diverse line of products, there are many different opinions.

I have played many of their high end models and have owned some very nice guitars. I always recommend Yamaha for my students and my main work acoustic guitar is their bottom of the line F310. It cost more to put the Fishman pickup in it than I paid for the guitar.

• Members

Yamaha SGs look so cool. I'd love to try one someday. Their semis look amazing as well. I'm dying to try an SA2200. I have an AEX520, it's not my favorite but it's a solidly built, cool guitar nonetheless. Even their low-end Pacificas are really good. I would say you pretty much can't go wrong with a yammie. :)

Archived