HNP (paint) day

Belva

• Members

bowlingball011.jpg

I went from this

001.jpg

002.jpg

005-1.jpg

I just got strings on. Haven't set it up yet. The neck hasn't been on a guitar for a few weeks so I'm letting it sit with tuning tension on it before I go messing with the truss rod.

I'll fill y' all in on the Mean 90's and 5 way mega switch tomorrow.

• Members

You know, if you shake the can up a bit more, you won't end up with those huge 1/2" by 1/2" chunks of darker paint like that and it will be much more even.

:lol:

Just kidding... looks great. Was that a masking type thing or how exactly did you get the other color patterns?

• Members

Yup, painters tape. Shot some black, masked it off and shot the gray. Used Duplicolor cans followed with butt loads of Deft clear coats thru the touch up gun. Wet sanded to 2000 and rubbing compound for a satin finish.

I'm gonna play this one and not worry about cleaning and polishing all the time.

Phuck that.

• Members

Thanks all.

Now an update. I did a wiring mod that rocks!

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/triffic/index.php

I had the Allparts switch shown at toward the bottom of the page. Pos 5 is neck pup. Pos 4 is series, in phase and it cooks! A bit more volume, fuller and good cut. #3 is both pups parallel, nuttin' new there. #2 is really quite surprising. With the Mean 90's it sounds like a Tele on steroids! #1 is bridge pup.

With the 2 tone controls and a good amp I may never use a pedal again! I wish I had recording capability. For those with Mean 90's in a strat, get this switch, do this mod. It's worth the time and the $$. I had to remove material from under the switch as it is 1&7/16" deep. But that's what they make Dremels for.

The bridge mod: I cut a piece of hard ash I had in stock and dumped the trem block and the springs & claw. I drilled thru holes for strings and put string ferrules in place. Then I screwed it right to the bridge top plate. The guitar is lighter, brighter and sustains for days. In other words it's everything a strat with Mean 90's should be. I still can roll back the volume, play with the tone controls and get a really nice jazz tone. I've never before been this happy with mods.

Archived