ESP LTD 1000 or DEAN DECEIVER?

jcbakz

• Members

im in a market for an lp shaped guitar and these are the two that i have liked so far which has a taste of metal in it with at the same price range or a little bit of allowance.

EC-1000T-CTM_BLK.jpg

dec_satin.jpg

both guitars are made in korea and both share almost the same specs except for the deceiver which has an ebony board which is a plus and 24 frets! but i highly doubt the quality of it having read in some reviews how low the QC is on their korean line and i hope that i am wrong on this deceiver. as for the ltd im expecting good quality. but i cant decide which is which coz i have not played both coz our nearest guitar store does not carry their brands so both will be ordered online.

someone pls share how is the playablity and comfort of these guitars..

and if it is you to buy either of the two which will it be?

• Members

Just got my daughter a Dean, cheapest of the Vendetta line XM.

It was comfy enough and played really nicely after about 10 min of . A little narrow feeling down low. Frets OK. Had to adjust the truss 1/4 out.

I would have one but the pickups would have to go. Played nice and the bridge pup sounded ok and PAF-ish but the neck pup sounded bleh with no round tasty or cutting chunk. Of course this is a $100 guitar vs a $700 one or whatever those things go for.

All that said, I like the Dean. I feel like the value/dollar is good on both but how many ltds do you see? a bazillion? How many of those Deans? Neck pos will sound different on these guitars as the Dean is a 24 fretter which pushes the neck pup off of the accepted "sweet spot".

• Members

If that EC1000 doesn't have that crazy abalone on it that they used to put on the 1000 series, I'd go for that one.

For what it's worth I bought a gloss black EC1000 (same as the OP pic) at the beginning of December and it does have the abalone trim.

• Members

They are probably made in the same factory using the same materials and craftspeople.

Having said that, I own an ESP Eclipse (Japan) and it is one of the best guitars in terms of quality/fit/finish/playability that I own. The finish is not for everyone, but I dig it!

eclipse01.jpg

• Members

For what it's worth I bought a gloss black EC1000 (same as the OP pic) at the beginning of December and it does have the abalone trim.

wrong, OP's pic is a EC1000CTM. They offer a {censored}load of different finishes/models in the EC1000 range. Educate yourselves.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/ec-series.html

Archived