Let's Get a Strat for Stratogirl!!!

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

Hullo Kati, how are things? I hope you are taking good care of the Strat. Right? :wink:

I got myself a Fender, these days too. Want to see?

Hello Matteus!

Yes I am taking very good care of her. She comes out of the case only for practices.

Sooooo, let's see your new Fender!! Post a pic!! :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hello Matteus!

Yes I am taking very good care of her. She comes out of the case only for practices.

Sooooo, let's see your new Fender!! Post a pic!!
:)

Well, I know how much you love Strats, so I'll show you one that I have been using. It was a real bargain too, about €170-180. ;)

mex-strat.jpg

• Members

I just read this whole thread...and i think that what happened was truly fantastic. If i had been around at the time, I would definitely have contributed...especially with the shipping since my mother works for a romanian company/her boss (who i know personally) takes regular business trips to romania.

The kindness of some people never ceases to amaze...yet unfortunately it's becoming all too rare. It's thread's like this which make me so happy i've taken up residency in HCEG.

Stratogirl...I hope the strat brings you as much joy as this thread has to me.

• Members

I just read this whole thread...and i think that what happened was truly fantastic. If i had been around at the time, I would definitely have contributed...especially with the shipping since my mother works for a romanian company/her boss (who i know personally) takes regular business trips to romania.

The kindness of some people never ceases to amaze...yet unfortunately it's becoming all too rare. It's thread's like this which make me so happy i've taken up residency in HCEG.

Welcome JOn.

Yeah, this was the H.C.E.G. feel good story of the year for sure.

I go back and read through the thread occasionally.

If it was a movie, it would be a comedy, a drama, a horror movie, a chick flick, an action adventure, a historical, a documentary, a tear jerker.....

it just has alot of everything in it.

• Members

Welcome JOn.

If it was a movie, it would be a comedy, a drama, a horror movie, a chick flick, an action adventure, a historical, a documentary, a tear jerker.....

It certainly does...experiencing all those things in such a short space of time (a few hours) has left me rather tired!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thank you, JOn' and welcome to the HCEG! :wave:

• Members

Welcome JOn.

:lol: lol!!

That was funny, Dave!

• Members

Pawn shop auction, initial bid was €95.
:D:rolleyes::thu:

in the description it said that the trem arm was missing and the nut for

the input jack was loose. So I guess no one dared to bid much.
:lol:

Still.... These are simple things to fix.

Too bad that pawn shops around here only deal with gold jewelry...

• Members

You mean they don't buy or sell guitars at all? Pity. Here they sell truckloads of them atm because of the recession. Here is a 1969 Gibson ES 335 at that same place with a current bid of €1360, not bad for a 69'. http://www.kaplans.se/Kaplans/AuctionArt.aspx?vId=477114

If you want to hear a bit what the black HSS strat sounds like, here is the first riff I ever recorded with it. With a few drums added. I really should start recording more. practice.mp3

• Members

You mean they don't buy or sell guitars at all? Pity. Here they sell truckloads of them atm because of the recession. Here is a 1969 Gibson ES 335 at that same place with a current bid of €1360, not bad for a 69'.
http://www.kaplans.se/Kaplans/AuctionArt.aspx?vId=477114

If you want to hear a bit what the black HSS strat sounds like, here is the first riff I ever recorded with it. With a few drums added. I really should start recording more.
practice.mp3

It's the same in Germany, guitars are not worth auctioning off. :idk:

• Members
Someone buy me a strat....NOW!!!

Santa, where are You?

Santa, I have been a good boy.

Santa?

I've heard that Santa keeps all the Fenders and Gibsons he gets and doesnt distribute them like other presents ,Its his one major defect ,apart from over working reindeer but thats only for one night a year .This must be true because Mummy told me so when my red strat just like what Hank played didnt materialize at Christmas as requested,I cried and cried and kicked my teddy bear .I was so pissed off, I drove down the pub and sulked :rolleyes:

• Members

Around here the pawnshops have rack after rack of guitars and piles of amps, though they want too much for them, but they give you real good cash when you bring them something. In Chicago the pawn shops there have MUCH cheaper prices for their stuff.

• Members

You mean they don't buy or sell guitars at all? Pity. Here they sell truckloads of them atm because of the recession. Here is a 1969 Gibson ES 335 at that same place with a current bid of €1360, not bad for a 69'.

If you want to hear a bit what the black HSS strat sounds like, here is the first riff I ever recorded with it. With a few drums added. I really should start recording more.

No. Most pawn shops here only deal with gold. Some deal with mobile phones and electronics but I've never seen or hear about any that deals with instruments. And I suppose that if there were any that deals with instruments there would be more accordions, not guitars.

Your strat sounds nice. Was that the humbucker pickup?

• Members

No. Most pawn shops here only deal with gold. Some deal with mobile phones and electronics but I've never seen or hear about any that deals with instruments. And I suppose that if there were any that deals with instruments there would be more accordions, not guitars.

Your strat sounds nice. Was that the humbucker pickup?

As you can see on the picture I posted earlier the switch is set to the middle position, which I seemed to like at the time. I know a lot of people don't. The humbucker is in the bridge position which is more of a lead/solo sound, and this was mostly rythym.

So, Kati, Which pickup position/combination? What have you discovered so far on your golden axe? ;)

• 1 year later...

Archived