Country picker?

jerry_picker

• Members

Grady Martin a Nasville studio Ace.

:thu:

You may be right!

If so, he's a heavy hitter: Grady played on Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman", Marty Robbins' "El Paso", Loretta Lynn's "Coal Miner's Daughter" and Sammi Smith's "Help Me Make It Through the Night", per wiki.

• Members

:thu:

You may be right!

If so, he's a heavy hitter: Grady played on Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman", Marty Robbins' "El Paso", Loretta Lynn's "Coal Miner's Daughter" and Sammi Smith's "Help Me Make It Through the Night", per wiki.

Nice to have on your resume.

• Members

Fine picking indeed. The video sync was pretty accurate for the vocal, but something seemed off on the guitar. The single not fills all through the verse and chorus just didn't seem to come from that guitar based on what his hands were doing. The solo was close, but still looked weird.

Great old school country and if he did the Marty Robbins El Paso guitar work, I'm impressed. Love that track.

• Members

Fine picking indeed. The video sync was pretty accurate for the vocal, but something seemed off on the guitar. The single not fills all through the verse and chorus just didn't seem to come from that guitar based on what his hands were doing. The solo was close, but still looked weird.

Great old school country and if he did the Marty Robbins El Paso guitar work, I'm impressed. Love that track.

I'm pretty sure it's playback, and he's doing a bad job of pretending to play. The playing otoh is fine indeed.

• Members

I'm pretty sure it's playback, and he's doing a bad job of pretending to play. The playing otoh is fine indeed.

Definitely playing to prerecorded song. Pay attention to the very beginning (around the 28 sec mark) and you will hear the high note while visually he's on the first fret. That's not saying that he didn't do the playing on the recording.

It's pretty much how many things were done on tv back then. As far as who it is? I have no clue. Googling Grady Martin's pictures makes me think it's not him but who knows?

Archived