Might be a good time to learn slide

u6crash

• Members

get a glass slide, pick up the Tedeschi Trucks Band CD and then work on it. since i've gotten into listening to Derek, i've picked back up slide, i hate playing without it now, esp leads. i've been working for some months now on it and its finally starting to show and make heads turn with the guys i play with.

• Members
get a glass slide, pick up the Tedeschi Trucks Band CD and then work on it. since i've gotten into listening to Derek, i've picked back up slide, i hate playing without it now, esp leads. i've been working for some months now on it and its finally starting to show and make heads turn with the guys i play with.

Why do you prefer a glass slide? Just curious. I had a metal one at one point, but can't seem to find it now.

My poor finger:

poorfinger.jpg

It's been 14 hours and I haven't seen a doctor yet. Can't believe how much it hurts. Back to the ice.

• Members

Sorry about your finger.

I just started getting into slide guitar, but I haven't done much reading on it. FWIW, I've found that if I start by tuning to open D and just pay attention as I slide around the neck, it's hard to go wrong from there.

Just wanted to post so I can check the thread latter for tips from others. :wave:

Archived