NGD: Gretsch Electromatic G5120 in orange

brianwahl

• Members

Well, OK then!

That looks good! I can't decide if I like the look of the gold guard or the silver. The 6120 has gold appointments (knobs, guard, etc) rather than silver, right? I've never really been a fan of gold on guitars, but it looks great on yours - especially agains the orange.

Also - great decal!

What bridge is that on yours?

• Members

BTW Brian, what the neck shape/size like?

Just realized I never answered this. Sorry.

It's sort of a wide C shape - not terribly deep, but I wouldn't call it thin, either. Kind of reminds me of a standard tele neck. I could be a little off, though - haven't played one of those in a long time. Looking up neck profiles over at Warmoth, I'd say it's closest to their Standard Thin neck.

I like thick necks - I've got a guitar with a Warmoth "Boat" shape - love that one. Used to have a Jimmie Vaughan strat with the soft V neck - loved that one too. The Gretsch feels comfy to me.

It's strange - I find that I'm less picky about neck profiles these days than I used to be.

• Members

That looks good! I can't decide if I like the look of the gold guard or the silver. The 6120 has gold appointments (knobs, guard, etc) rather than silver, right? I've never really been a fan of gold on guitars, but it looks great on yours - especially agains the orange.

Also - great decal!

What bridge is that on yours?

Thanks for the compliments! I waffled back and forth between gold and silver for the pickguard, and finally settled on gold. I made the decal myself. Forum member Black Cat has one like it on his Gretsch. I liked it so much I made one for mine.

I'm not positive, but I think the roller bridge is a Wilkinson from Guitar Fetish.

Archived