LP GAS purchase

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

MF is just a store front, but I think a lot of the online companies share the same stocking facility?

True. MF and Music123 are the same company. Even their website is now very similar. They are not trying to hide it any longer. Even GC's site is more similar than it used to be. They may be the same company as well.

• Members

I feel like I want something slightly different in the PRS, since I got this LP.

I was going to put Dimarzio 36th Anni. PAFs in the PRS.....since the PRS has pretty high output pickups....sounds okay, but hard to deal with that much output.

Can imagine they'd sound the same if they both had Dimarzio PAFs?

One's a set neck LP, the other is a bolt on 25" scale PRS.
:o

What kind of CE do you have? I have an older maple on alder version and put some BG Smoke Stacks (forumite Norcal_GIT_r) in there, awesome choice... here's a vid:

[video=youtube;KwuxdsvBWJw]

• Members

'89 CE24 bolt on maple/alder (I think it's alder) plain top.

It has the stock pickups, Chainsaw in the bridge, and Vintage Bass in the neck.

970281-440x298.jpg

Yeah, an 89 will be alder. Nice looking axe! Very sweet. Haven't heard of this Chainsaw pickup before though... thought the stock was HFS. Anyway, hated my Vintage Bass but know others who like it.

• Members

Yeah, an 89 will be alder. Nice looking axe! Very sweet. Haven't heard of this Chainsaw pickup before though... thought the stock was HFS. Anyway, hated my Vintage Bass but know others who like it.

Thanks.

Apparently the Chainsaw was the pickup before the HFS, all slugs and no adjustable pole pieces. The chainsaw is pretty rare....I know it's the chainsaw because of the pole pieces, and the sticker on the bottom that says "chainsaw" :D

The Chainsaw is ultra HOT output....sounds good for high output, but I prefer low output vintage pickups.

The Vintage Bass in the neck is okay, but sort of dark and fat.

• Members

Thanks.

Apparently the Chainsaw was the pickup before the HFS, all slugs and no adjustable pole pieces. The chainsaw is pretty rare....I know it's the chainsaw because of the pole pieces, and the sticker on the bottom that says "chainsaw"
:D
The Chainsaw is ultra HOT output....sounds good for high output, but I prefer low output vintage pickups.

The Vintage Bass in the neck is okay, but sort of dark and fat.

Yep, exactly how I found the VB. Good luck finding a set to replace if you're going that route!

• Members

Yep, exactly how I found the VB. Good luck finding a set to replace if you're going that route!

I'm hoping the Dimarzio 36th PAFs work......that's more up my alley, but I've never tried them before.

Who knows if they'll match the PRS or not? :idk:

I wanted a set of used PRS lower output pickups, but they're really expensive.

• Members

Well, tuned it up by ear and messed with it a little. Seems like a real nice LP.

Needs a setup. Well, it's just setup really low, and I've got a heavier hand....so it was a little buzzy.

It's a lot more spalted than I could tell from the pics, but that's okay....it's fairly subtle and nice looking grain. At least it's a darker red. :)

You were all right......it is heavy. Going to weigh it before I leave today, but it's got to be at least 10lbs.

More on this later when I can plug it in. :)