Happy New Guitar Day...Sorta

Brainfertilizer

• Members

So I was rotating out my "on display" guitars. I have 8 of the 30+ out at all times, the ones I'm interested in playing on lately.

And I spied the beat-up, cheap thin cardboard case that my Vantage VP-700 is in. I thought it might be fun to play it a little, so after meedling around on my other WE7400 Corsair, I opened up the case.

It wasn't the Vantage VP-700.

It was a Westone.

It was a Westone Pantera.

It was a Westone Pantera I had completely forgotten I had ever bought.

Of course, seeing it brought back the memory of the purchase. Sort of. I can't remember how much I paid.

But if 3 hours ago you had asked me if I had a Pantera, I would have said, "Nope." You don't own an X300? "No way." You don't own a white Pantera w/ cheesy blue flames, missing nut locks, missing trem arm clamp, a non-original EMG pickup, and a little bit of an electric short problem? "Hmm..."

Well, I guess I do.

The EMG actually sounds pretty good...although it turns it into a metal machine rather than the total rock machine that it should be. But the single coils have a bitchin' sound that rocks my world, so I'm all happy now.

Maybe someday I'll get around to posting pictures.

• Members

It was a cool discovery.

It was a what-the-heck guitar I got for just over $100...I checked to make sure it worked and then put it in its case behind the stack. It was the 3rd guitar I had received within a 10-day span, and the other 2 were eagerly anticipated, unlike this one.

So "discovering" it last night resulted in me playing it with a completely fresh attitude, and I found I liked it a lot more than I did in that brief sound check back in October.

It isn't senility...more like when you walk into a room and forgot why you were there, or losing your place in a conversation when you see an attractive individual walk by...

• Members

It isn't senility...more like when you walk into a room and forgot why you were there, or losing your place in a conversation when you see an attractive individual walk by...

Well, I forget why I entered a room even when I'm alone.

I also tag my guitar cases.

musicroom1g.jpg

• Members

I've done that before - but what's worse is the opposite: "hey, let me take out that cool Strat I rarely play" - 30 minutes later after opening every case in every room, you come to the conclusion that you must have sold it - but don't really recall when or for how much. :(

• Members

Westones are awesome! I've got a Lime green WE5400 that is the {censored}!

So I was rotating out my "on display" guitars. I have 8 of the 30+ out at all times, the ones I'm interested in playing on lately.

And I spied the beat-up, cheap thin cardboard case that my Vantage VP-700 is in. I thought it might be fun to play it a little, so after meedling around on my other WE7400 Corsair, I opened up the case.

It wasn't the Vantage VP-700.

It was a Westone.

It was a Westone Pantera.

It was a Westone Pantera I had completely forgotten I had ever bought.

Of course, seeing it brought back the memory of the purchase. Sort of. I can't remember how much I paid.

But if 3 hours ago you had asked me if I had a Pantera, I would have said, "Nope." You don't own an X300? "No way." You don't own a white Pantera w/ cheesy blue flames, missing nut locks, missing trem arm clamp, a non-original EMG pickup, and a little bit of an electric short problem? "Hmm..."

Well, I guess I do.

The EMG actually sounds pretty good...although it turns it into a metal machine rather than the total rock machine that it should be. But the single coils have a bitchin' sound that rocks my world, so I'm all happy now.

Maybe someday I'll get around to posting pictures.

• Members

It's a bitch gettin old. Course it's kinda cool when you can watch the same movie you've seen countless times before and still be surprised with the way it ends.
;)

My wife gets upset when I tell her........when we're 80 years old and I turn to you and you say,"who are you?"

It could happen.

• Members

If you get tired of that Pantera let me know. There's a guy on my local CL looking for one. I sometimes look at my Photobucket account and see guitars that I don't remember owning. I just go through so many that I just can't remember them all anymore.

Archived