NGD - '74 National LP guitar Pawnshop Score !!!!

skipstar59

• Members

I went to one of my out of town pawnshops that I hadn't been to in a while. The manager told me he had a TON of guitars and basses in the back that he hadn't pulled out. So he took me to the back and let me check them all out. Anyway, I went through about 25 or 30 guitars and basses until I found a really old guitar case. I opened it up and realized it was an old late 60's or 70's National Japanese LP Copy. I wasn't sure of the year, but I wanted it and haggled on the price and I got it for $69 in the original case. The neck it to die for,and it weighs nothing. The guitar has a pancake body and is only 1 1/2" thick. I haven't really cleaned it or set it up yet. The strings are old as hell so I can't get a real idea of tone,but it sounds really hollow and acoustic like. Anyway here's my new baby.

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

• Members

Yea Greg, I scored my '74 Jazz Bass for $64.64. That's been my once in a lifetime score.
;)

That makes you the king!

Then again Prince was a better guitar player. Hell, with scores like that you can be whatever you want. The King, Prince, the Duke of Earl, Count Basie or even Count Chocula! You rule!

Archived