Just Sharing My Experience And My New Guitar

Jimmy25

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Guys, Just out of curiosity, I know this is sth for me to decide, but I would love to see what others think too, there's no right or wrong, it's just personal tastes in colors and looks, so from "your opinions & points of view", do you guys think this guitar would look better with black volume knobs and black pickups? or perhaps just black pickups and white volume knobs or the other way around? or even two black volume knob on the side and a white volume knob in the middle, or other mix you guys could think of. OR just keep the way it looks now? It's definitely a beauty the way it is now, but it's just some possibilities, besides I could always change it back, I just got this idea in my mind and would like to see what you guys think from different points of view. Hope you guys could help me out a bit. Cheers!! : )

• Members

My #1 guitar for a couple years was a Gilmour clone:

DSC_6972a1.jpg

I always felt like such a fanboy when I played it, but it was SUPER sweet guitar.

Last week, I put on a mint green guard to give it a bit of a 50s feeling.

DSC_8924a1.jpg

I've never been much of a fan of the black strat/white guard/black covers and knobs and the all black feels a bit too 70s to me. If I personally owned that guitar, I'd either leave it as is or swap on a parchment or (more likely) a nice mint Fender pickguard. I would not go with an off brand pickguard for mint on a black guitar.

Honestly though, if you gave that guitar to me today, I'd leave it exactly as it is right now. :thu:

• Members

Honestly though, if you gave that guitar to me today, I'd leave it exactly as it is right now.
:thu:

THANKS janosfia!! looking at the possibilities, I might stick with it's original look for now, at least not anything else for now, having the idea in mind was different than looking at the actual models XD however, thanks a lot for posting them up. cheers mate!!

• Members
Hey Guys, Just out of curiosity, I know this is sth for me to decide, but I would love to see what others think too, there's no right or wrong, it's just personal tastes in colors and looks, so from "your opinions & points of view", do you guys think this guitar would look better with black volume knobs and black pickups? or perhaps just black pickups and white volume knobs or the other way around? or even two black volume knob on the side and a white volume knob in the middle, or other mix you guys could think of. OR just keep the way it looks now? It's definitely a beauty the way it is now, but it's just some possibilities, besides I could always change it back, I just got this idea in my mind and would like to see what you guys think from different points of view. Hope you guys could help me out a bit. Cheers!! : )

You new guitar is gorgeous as is. As you said, we all have different opinions but to me, that's a true classic. Don't mess with it!
:thu:

Archived