Any Reviews On Fender Vintage Noiseless / Hot Noiseless Pickup?

Jimmy25

• Members

Anyone ever tried the Fender Vintage Noiseless / Hot Noiseless Pickup for stratocaster? Comparing to the original strat pickup, are they really much more noiseless and cancel all the hum if not all most of the hum? Or the hum would only be decreased by a little? And are these Fender noisless pickup the same thing and made the same way as those single-coil size humbucker? Which one do you personally prefer? Vintage or Hot? I heard these Fender made noiseless pickup cancel the hum in advantage but there's also disadvantage which is it sounds lifeless. It just cancel the hum but doesn't make the tone much better than the original strat pickups. But that's just what I heard.

• Members

I've never used the Vintage Noiseless Jimmy but just wanted to chime in with this... I have a Strat with a set of Fender CS '69 and it's easily as quiet as my humbucker guitar. The pickup cavity is shielded and I'm also using an aluminum shield under the pickguard. So if your issue is with hum, you may want to take a look at shielding before switching pups.

• Members

I've only tried the normal Vintage Noiseless and I think they're great... for the price.

They have excellent brightness and pretty much zero noise yet they do get that Fender sound, you definitely wouldn't know from the audience that you were using hum cancelers. If you normally play clean or you want a big biting, cutting sound and don't care particularly about sounding all that full coming out of the guitar itself, I do suggest them. Plus, they're very cheap. You can find a set for $103. Them's GFS prices.

At the same time, I wouldn't choose them over any of the competition when it comes to noiseless single type sounds. I've tried DiMarzio, Lace, Kinman, GFS (Neovin), and Fender, and Fender definitely competes for last alongside GFS. DiMarzio Area is what I would suggest for a good all rounder while maintaining good value.

Archived