So I made a video on my iphone

Buddy Lembeck

• Members

I enjoyed the song and your singing/playing. I could have done without the editing and so forth. I think you just sitting there playing would have been better. Plus it's just shots of your apartment, not really much to look at. But, nice job anyhow.

• Members

Thanks gents. I realize the video lacks a little bit of a storyline...but it was more of an experiment to see how it would turn out. As a side note: my house isn't really that dirty, I threw everything out of the laundry room to make the floors look messy...and in the process got yelled at by my wife. If I had more time I would have made it a bit more polished. It was a bitch to line up the lip syncing with the audio. Next time around I will try something a little different.

• Members

So...what part of New York are you from?
:lol:

Did you write that tune? If so, it's one of the better originals I've heard here, even though it's not my style. Well played, sir.

Yes, I did write the song. A while back watching game seven of the world series. You would think me being from St. Louis the song would have come out happier.

• Members

Good job!!

What did you use for the harmony? Or did you do them??

Also, you are left handed, right??? I couldn't take the thought of my head of what if he is right handed but we are seeing mirror images by the recording... :lol:

• Members

I liked it a lot....Great job!

The knife thing is a little disturbing.

Yeah about that. What was the purpose of the knife in the video? Knives are symbolic in many different ways and mean different things depending on the context. Wouldn't mind seeing the words to the song. I liked it, especially the vocal harmony on the chorus.

• Members

Yeah about that. What was the purpose of the knife in the video? Knives are symbolic in many different ways and mean different things depending on the context. Wouldn't mind seeing the words to the song. I liked it, especially the vocal harmony on the chorus.

I put the knife in there to symbolize the outcome of the song. The girlfriend/wife I am pleading with to leave never does and pays the ultimate price at the hands of her husband/boyfriend. That's where the "A day to sleep is in line...by morning's break you'll be off to a place where darkness never shines" comes into play. He killed her.

Here are all the words:

She picks herself off the mainline,

Just being her is a chrime.

Don't you see the forgiveness, or lack there of, in his eyes.

Motion sickness seems to set in.

Does anybody have a dime?

How can a man who's word is his bond...keep lying?

You can do it girl get up off your knees.

Don't have to tell you...oh, forget it...just please.

A firecracker til the end and you bleed.

There you bend it and your free.

Home now.

A bottle cap on the carpet,

A never turned off iron.

Another mark that is hidden to the place where you hide.

Whispers never seem to lessen,

Speculation won't transpire.

Those imbeciles in the mailroom, how they never ever tried.

Chorus

A needle mark on the forearm,

A day to sleep is in line.

By morning's break you'll be off to a place where darkness never shines.

Chorus

• Members

Based on the wedding ring I would say video is reversed right handed player...

you are correct. I don't know why but the iphone did that, I think it was from using the camera on the screen side of the iphone. I couldn't figure out how to reverse the image...so I just left it.

• Members

Good job!!

What did you use for the harmony? Or did you do them??

Also, you are left handed, right??? I couldn't take the thought of my head of what if he is right handed but we are seeing mirror images by the recording...
:lol:

Harmonies are me...no autotune. Recorded on Multitrack DAW on my Itouch (using the mic on the Itouch...which I find is better than the Iphone). I track the lead twice, panning one hard to one side. Then I track the harmony and put it on the other side. As for the "home now" parts I think there are two other harmony parts in that section...I generally load the harmonies with more reverb than the lead vocal, I find it helps blend a little better.

• Members

I'll just say this much:

You're one heck of a song writer. Great melody and lyrics. The production came out top notch for a home job too. Like others have said, the video just needs a better story line to bring that component together.

Archived