My amp was way to LOUD!!!!

caveman

• Members

i don't have crickets but my hearing's pretty bad. It's probably due to Rock n Roll, but my Dad had lousy hearing when he got older too, so who knows? Maybe it's hereditary like my cholesterol(!).

while years of having amps turned to 11 didn't help, i'm sure this has to do a lot with it too... my mom has the same problem & never listened to anything more raucous than perry como.

• Members

I use Elacin ER-20 ear plugs myself, an absolute MUST for me. I have occasional tinnitus in my right ear that's an end product from trouble I had with my ears as a child, but I sure as hell don't want to make it any worse.

• Members
while years of having amps turned to 11 didn't help, i'm sure this has to do a lot with it too... my mom has the same problem & never listened to anything more raucous than perry como.

Dude, she had to listen to you on 11. ;)

• Members
There is one excuse: when you stand in the middle of it all with the world exploding around you, you feel like a god.

The other one: My wife used to complain about me cranking up the sound while wearing headphones all the time or playing the tube amps too loud, that I was going to go deaf. I would just tell her I was trying to wear my ears out so I wouldn't have to listen to her when I get old. :p

• Members

The other one: My wife used to complain about me cranking up the sound while wearing headphones all the time or playing the tube amps too loud, that I was going to go deaf. I would just tell her I was trying to wear my ears out so I wouldn't have to listen to her when I get old.
:p

The ability to claim you didn't hear or understand what she said can be a valuable survival tool. But you could probably fake that without having real tinnitus.

• Members
The ability to claim you didn't hear or understand what she said can be a valuable survival tool. But you could probably fake that without having real tinnitus.

Hence why I wear Entymotics when I crank the tube amp and my Grados are open air and she thinks because she can hear sound coming from them they must be too loud. She just hasn't caught on to my game yet. :cop:

Archived