Les Paul's Estate Auction

kulardenu

• Members

Will do this after I win the Mega...

Story link:

Julien's Auctions out of Beverly Hills, California, has teamed up with The Les Paul Foundation to offer up a ton of equipment, memorabilia, personal effects, and instruments that span the entirety of Paul's career from his days as Rhubarb Red to his weekly Monday night shows at the Iridium Jazz Club in New York City. The auction

• Members

1951 Fender Nocaster serial number 1751(Est. $40,000 - $60,000). Butterscotch with black pickguard, neck date "5-10-51 T.G.", no body date, with original thermometer case. Guitar has replaced volume and one tone pot but originals are present. This guitar was personally gifted to Les Paul by Leo Fender who signed the back of the headstock "Leo Fender." The guitar is uncharacteristically light weighing only 7.4 pounds.

A: Holy Crap.

B: It should sell for 3X that estimate.

• Members

wow. just wow. Those are not only some of the rarest, most coveted guitars ever made, but they were owned and played by Les Paul himself.

It says there is a public viewing... if I were anywhere near there I would go.

FREE PUBLIC EXHIBITION

Tuesday, May 29th

• Members

Man, they are so low on these estimates...the touring rig show go to the Hall of Fame. I am always torn with Estate things. I feel like the vulture picking through the scraps of a human. I know Les Paul would want his stuff to go to good folks, but it seems weird.

• Members

Man, they are so low on these estimates...the touring rig show go to the Hall of Fame. I am always torn with Estate things. I feel like the vulture picking through the scraps of a human. I know Les Paul would want his stuff to go to good folks, but it seems weird.

+1.

I'd just about kill for that prototype recording model though. Someday I am going to save up and hunt down an unmolested production model.

• Members

1952 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop (Est. $14,000 - $16,000) No serial number, Trapeze tailpiece, tuners have been changed to Grover's, Pat. Pending with original case. This is one of the very first Les Paul guitars produced. The back of the headstock is hand signed, "Les Paul." The guitar is pictured on page 238 of Paul's autobiography, Les Paul In His Own Words.

That's a great price, considering there are modern day production models of Paul Kossoff's and Don Felder's going for 10,000.

Archived