Humbucker for Suhr wanted

Bruvtilov

• Members

Hello guys,

I have a nice Suhr Pro Series S3 guitar; it has a basswood body with flame maple top and rosewood fretwoard. It's a cool guitar but I find the bridge humbucker is not to my liking; it sounds dull, lifeless, nasally and lacks dynamics.

I'm looking for a humbucker to replace it with. I want clarity, dynamics. I'm looking for something more in step with the two Suhr V60s in the neck and middle positions. It needs to have more single coil like character if you will.

I hardly ever play metal, I use it more for funk, rock, pop. What do you all recommend me?

Thanks,

Robert

• Members

DiMarzio Tone Zone, or Super Distortion.

These are both great pickups but nothing like the OP is after. Both are nothing like a single coil and heavily over-wound, compromising some clarity.

The best I have tried for what the OP wants is BG's bucker.

• Members

These are both great pickups but nothing like the OP is after. Both are nothing like a single coil and heavily over-wound, compromising some clarity.

The best I have tried for what the OP wants is
BG's bucker

I think the Tone Zone is very clear and articulate?? lot of dynamics there IMO

• Members

Hello guys,

Thanks for all your suggestions. @Ratae; I'will definitely check that. I totally overlooked that possibility. As for some of the pickup suggestions; I;m looking for something that's more or less readily available in Europe, the more well-known brands so to speak. Something like the Rose pickup might be interesting but would be very expensive with the shipping and import taxes and whatnot.

• Members
Hello guys,

I have a nice Suhr Pro Series S3 guitar; it has a basswood body with flame maple top and rosewood fretwoard. It's a cool guitar but I find the bridge humbucker is not to my liking; it sounds dull, lifeless, nasally and lacks dynamics.

I'm looking for a humbucker to replace it with. I want clarity, dynamics. I'm looking for something more in step with the two Suhr V60s in the neck and middle positions. It needs to have more single coil like character if you will.

I hardly ever play metal, I use it more for funk, rock, pop. What do you all recommend me?

Thanks,

Robert

I was in teh same place recently :)

I have also S3, but with FL singles and I have replaced SSh+ with SSV with cover.

I hit the bullseye! I like it so much more now :aok

And I like new lok a lot too! :love:

zqKO4.jpg

Archived