How does Brian May get the Bohemia Rhapsody sound??

PigWings_v2.0

• Members

I know he uses an AC30, treble boost, and single coils.

But what's the missing part of the equation? Did he run his pickups in series or parallel? Or was it an out of phase sound that he had?

There was a thread about the AC30 here a wile ago and someone posted a vid with Brian May going over his rig. I can't find thread!

• Members

Its that home made guitar of his.. 3 Burns Tri-Sonic p/ups in series, one volume, one tone, and 6 switches. 3 of the switches are on/off switches for each pickup, and the other 3 are in phase/out of phase. You can bring in a buttload of tones with that thing..

• Members

#1) Brian May is awesome, a highly educated professional, and a gentleman.... and Queen are my fav band of all time. No one else is even close to having it all like Queen....

#2) The interviewer has to be no less than 6'5, as even a 65 yr. old Brian May would still be a easy 6'2.

• Members

Mostly studio trickery. The original BR has a real slow phaser ran to another channel and EQ'd. I have a bootleg of Joe Satriani ,Uli Roth. Micheal Schenker and Brian May playing together live. May sounded like a dying hippo compared to those other guys-just a nasty live tone!?!

• Members

Take a piece of {censored} solid state amp, crank up the gain on it, hit the front end hard. If you can tame that sound, chances are you'll sound a lot like Queen.

But if you can't, it'll sound like you're playing a piece of {censored} amp.

That is just total nonsense.

• Members
He also uses a nickel/coin instead of a pick. I think sounding " like" him issue possible, but sounded just like him is not. Find your own sound
:)

He uses a sixpence, all the tone is in the sixpence.

• Members

Take a piece of shit solid state amp, crank up the gain on it, hit the front end hard. If you can tame that sound, chances are you'll sound a lot like Queen.

But if you can't, it'll sound like you're playing a piece of shit amp.

I thought you'd have a little more respect for a fellow genius :lol:

• Members

Mostly studio trickery. The original BR has a real slow phaser ran to another channel and EQ'd. I have a bootleg of Joe Satriani ,Uli Roth. Micheal Schenker and Brian May playing together live. May sounded like a dying hippo compared to those other guys-just a nasty live tone!?!

I'd like to hear the dying hippo sound.

Archived