NGD! (Sparkly Tele Content)

IPlayMetronome

• Members

Sam Ash had a 20% off sale and this was too ridiculous to pass up. Digging it so far but if any 72 Deluxe guys can chime in on swapping the 250K tone pot for a 500K to get a little more bite/twang out of the bridge pickup I'd appreciate it.

Fretwork is excellent and after a while I may take some steel wool to the neck to take the gloss off. This thing begs you to play "Long Cool Woman in A Black Dress" hahaha. It's just so purdy:love:

:fixed:

IMAG0299.jpg

• Members

HNGD, That is a very cool sparkle finish and a great deal. I have the Sunburst finish of the same guitar. Not as nice looking but I imagine they sound the same. I love the sound of mine. I never saw any reason to try 500K pots. I get plenty of bite from my bridge pup. I sometimes even roll the tone back a little.

• Members

Happy NGD. In regards to the pots, there's going to be no difference at all with the tone all the way up, only when you roll back. And by your request for adding a little more bite, I'm assuming that you're not rolling off the highs right now, nor do you intend to.

As it is, with the tone all the way up, it's basically a straight line to the output. The difference between the 250 and 500 is when you start rolling off the highs, with the 500 providing more attenuation. So for your purposes, switching them out will do nothing.

Enjoy your new sparkle!

• Members

Happy NGD. In regards to the pots, there's going to be no difference at all with the tone all the way up, only when you roll back. And by your request for adding a little more bite, I'm assuming that you're not rolling off the highs right now, nor do you intend to.

As it is, with the tone all the way up, it's basically a straight line to the output. The difference between the 250 and 500 is when you start rolling off the highs, with the 500 providing more attenuation. So for your purposes, switching them out will do nothing.

Enjoy your new sparkle!

Not really. http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/Electronics/Pots/w101-tonecontrol.html

• Members

nice! my local has these but I havent played one yet.

I would try 500K pots, I cant believe they come with 250. Fender is weird, they put 1meg in some teles and jaguars and 250k in humbuckers...

Ive got a tele with a p90 in the bridge and a fender OV in the neck and 500k pots work great for that.

"The value influences the tone, because the pots add a little load to the complete circuit. In short, the higher the value of the pot is, the less treble roll-off they have. That's the reason why 250k pots are common for singlecoil pickups - singlecoils have a lot of treble bite and it's not necessary to give them more, otherwise the tone can become pikey and harsh. Humbuckers don't have that much treble, so 500k pots are used keep more of the treble in the signal. The 1Meg pots I mentioned in combination with a Telecaster's lead pickup produces a very trebly and harsh sounding tone"

as for knocking the gloss down Id use 000 synthetic steel wool, and just put some painters tape over the pickups and you should be fine.

im thinking of putting 500k in all my teles. its better to have tad too much brightnes you can just dial down the volume knob or tone, you cant add any with 250s.

Or you could try 300K.

Archived