NGD: 2012 American Standard Telecaster (plus, a question about straps)

lewzer

• Members

I took advantage of ZZ Sounds 10 payment plan to get this:

4.jpg

It's great. That satin back on the neck is really awesome. Naturally, the stock 9's were terrible. I restrung it with D'Addario 10's and it's been fantastic ever since.

My only complaint: It's heavier than expected. The neck also dives just a bit with my Couch Nylon strap. It is by no means severe. I just expected many Tele's to be balanced just as well as my Strat style guitars. Again, the weight and balance are minor, so I think I'll keep it.

So: Can someone give me some suggestions for a strap that aids in weight and balance? I've been meaning to move away from Nylon straps for years, but I'm not fond of stiff leather straps either. I would like to find a nice, flexible 2.5-3-inch strap, as my 84 Explorer can wear me out at times. I'm thinking maybe Couch vinyl straps, but they're thinner than I would like.

Thanks

• Members

how is it heavy and neck dive at the same time? ive never played a neck heavy Fender. I use the cheap tweed fender straps that are $12. very comfy.

Perhaps the nylon strap is more to blame than actual next heaviness? I probably just really need to get away from nylon. I may give cotton a try first, and go from there.

Thanks everybody.

Archived