sold some stuff....bought some stuff

mistersully

• Members

sold my suhr strat... nice guitar... too nice

also sold a few other guitars and a bunch of recording gear

bought these

nxt electric upright bass... love it

bass2.jpg

nord piano... 88 weighted keys... love it (i have my nord rack that i use for organ sounds sitting on it)

nordpiano.jpg

cascade fathead ii ribbon mic... an inexpensive ribbon mic... haven't had a chance to use it much.. apparently they're great for guitar cabs... i like it on my national tricone

cascade.jpg

mojave ma100 small diaphram tube condenser... very nice on acoustic guitar... will also use it for when i play just a snare drum with brushes... and for djembe

mojave.jpg

i've also grabbed a couple of bfd expansion kits... jazz maple and oak custom... dig 'em both

that's it

yes my studio is a mess

• Members

i like the new toys~ thank you for sharing!

fretless bass can be beautiful, but in my experience there is a learning curve and it takes a while to get over the disorientation. I played fretless electric bass for four years while in college (fretted bass for another 6 years prior) and it probably took me a little over a year of constant playing (personal practicing and with others) to truly get comfortable with it. i actually put the guitar away for the most part and simply focused on that one instrument for four years.

• Members

i like the new toys~ thank you for sharing!

fretless bass can be beautiful, but in my experience there is a learning curve and it takes a while to get over the disorientation. I played fretless electric bass for four years while in college (fretted bass for another 6 years prior) and it probably took me a little over a year of constant playing (personal practicing and with others) to truly get comfortable with it. i actually put the guitar away for the most part and simply focused on that one instrument for four years.

wow .. that's commitment

part of the attraction of buying this was the challenge of a new instrument... i played it in the shop for a bit and thought i'd be able to get my head around it eventually.. i'm pretty determined to get good on it

fortunately i'm using it for writing my own stuff... which lends itself to a more free approach imo... over the first couple of days i was able to get some stuff down with it that sounded pretty cool... along with some laid back piano and acoustic slide... the tone was exactly what i was after

even my wife thinks this was a great purchase... that's always a bonus :)

Archived