This TV footage of The Carpenters will amaze you!

KightTemplar

• Members

I know I am on a guitar forum and not a drum one, but what the heck....

We all know The Carpenters were very talented, like them or not. But the true gem is the sister Karen Carpenter.

No doubt she was one of the greatest female vocalists ever, but I just learnt that she was a badass DRUMMER as well......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Iag...eature=related

The fun starts at 1:20 or so. After watching this, I thought if the industry let her punish the skins instead of just singing, we would talk about her as one of the greatest drummers of all time. And I also guess she would hold her own if she played in prog bands such as Rush and Gentle Giants.

Another true talent left us too soon.

• Members

I am not very familiar with Carpenters' stuff cause I am far too young and plus not my cup of tea, but I alwys admire people with gifts. Karen Carpenter was truly gifted to the n degree but she's (or they are) underrated in a way as many or most rock aficionados dismiss their music quite a bit.

I am sure if she was in full health she could have been quite a powerhouse, judging by the energy she was displaying.

• Members

Never really "dug" the Carpenters, but their impact on pop music in the 70's in undeniable, and they were both monster talents. Richard Carpenter out "Brian Wilsons" Brian Wilson in the arrangement department. Seriously.

Also, they were a staple of early 70's radio and my mom played their Christmas album over and over and over again when I was a kid, so their music always makes me kind of nostalgic in a sad way no matter what (even their non-Christmas songs).

:cry:

• Members

Never really "dug" the Carpenters, but their impact on pop music in the 70's in undeniable, and they were both monster talents. Richard Carpenter out "Brian Wilsons" Brian Wilson in the arrangement department. Seriously.

Sometimes during the 70s, Karen Carpenter got more votes than John Bohnan in a drummer poll. Bonzo was seriously pissed and declared that KC would not last more than 10 mins in a Zeppelin gig. IMO Karen could kick his ass anyday, anytime. :thu::cop:

Archived