Look at this cool pre-war guitar somebody found.

Jkater

• Members

An old couple we know have this guitar and I thought it was pretty cool. She says that it's "70 years old" (how she knows, I'm not sure). I decided to believe her just for the fun of believing something of little consequence for a change. It certainly looks the (old) part. It had big rusty strings on it and it's sadly warped so I offered her to put thin strings on it to give it a little break and make it half playable.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_006526.jpg

• Members

http://jazzgitarren.k-server.org/otwin.html

not the same guiatr but the site says of OTWIN guitars:

"Made by OTWIN - the luthier Otmar Windish. I don't know enough about the Otwin brand, but the famous guitar-guide book, the Blue Book sais that "OTWIN Instruments previously built in East Germany in the late 1950s to early 1960s. Instruments with the Otwin brand name were built by the Musima company in Germany during the late 1950s on. Earlier models were available in original designs of both solid body and semi-hollowbody configurations through the early 1960s."

guess you could find out more if it ahs other marks or labels.

• Members

not the same guiatr but the site says of OTWIN guitars:

"Made by OTWIN - the luthier Otmar Windish. I don't know enough about the Otwin brand, but the famous guitar-guide book, the Blue Book sais that "OTWIN Instruments previously built in East Germany in the late 1950s to early 1960s. Instruments with the Otwin brand name were built by the Musima company in Germany during the late 1950s on. Earlier models were available in original designs of both solid body and semi-hollowbody configurations through the early 1960s."

guess you could find out more if it ahs other marks or labels.

Thanks! So it's after the war from east Germany. Makes sense since I'm on the ex-DDR part of the country. Her guess at the age didn't convince me but i didn't care much about the veracity of it. I'll share with her what you found.

Archived