The OFFICIAL Bad Monkey Club

book_of_lies777

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn you all.

i got the bad monkey for 39 bucks, free shipping today on ebay. i didnt see anyone selling it in the spam section.

the "analog... no digital" thing got to me... and the flexibility of the tone really screwed with my head.

i swear this will be the last time you all got to me!!:)

did you all happen to try all of digitechs line of distortion pedals? screamin blues, grunge, hot head, and decided that the bad monkey was the least compressed sounding? i find it interesting that the bad monkey is getting all the acclaim, i wonder if people have given the other pedals a chance... or if the BM is really the best of the bunch.

• Members

Originally posted by 777Brad

I have been looking into these recently.

Has anyone had an opportunity to compare it to Digitech's Tone Driver?

Thanks,

Brad

I owned the Tone Driver a year back or so... it's pretty good, but really the only sound I used was the TS-808 setting. The TS9 tone wasn't really different enough to bother with. I have never used a regular DOD250, but I didn't really care for it on the Tone Driver. It's also digital, so it uses waaay more battery power than analog.

It not a BAD pedal per se, but truthfully, I think the Bad Monkey is better - and half the price.

I traded my Tone Driver for a Boss DS-1.

• Members
Originally posted by Killa J

Anyone run a bad monkey into an epiphone valve junior? That would be the ultimate cheapo rig, but I'm guessing it would sound pretty good.

I'm gonna have this setup soon, will inform ya then.

In another words, I'm in. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Killa J

Anyone run a bad monkey into an epiphone valve junior? That would be the ultimate cheapo rig, but I'm guessing it would sound pretty good.

It works well with the epi. You can dial up the treble and boost the epi when it's at around 2 oclock in order to avoid the fizziness the epi can have.

• Members

I have both the Bad Monkey and Screamin Blues....I have to say that the Screamin Blues is brilliant for what it does, its has slightly fatter mids than the monkey but otherwise is just as dynamic, smooth and natural sounding...moreso than a Boss Blues Driver (if you can consider that an equivalent pedal)...and obviously the 2 band EQ is excellent...but its kind of best used on its own infront of a clean channel.

This is where the Bad Monkey comes up trumps, as you can use it to drive other pedals harder or on its own and get beautiful sounds either way.

I've tried the Hot Head once and it didn't really take my fancy...possibly because it was a touch too gritty for my music than anything else...and I haven't tried pedals of a similar calibre to compare it too.

• Members

Originally posted by krish

I've tried the Hot Head once and it didn't really take my fancy...possibly because it was a touch too gritty for my music than anything else...and I haven't tried pedals of a similar calibre to compare it too.

I own a Digitech Hot Head (well, I gave it to my brother), and yes, too harsh sounding as a pedal, even with bass dialed up. Bad Monkey is the ultimate analog digitech pedal. I love the DF-7 as well.

• Members
Originally posted by SongMan

I heard this Bad Monkey pedal sucks tone. If yes, how do you guys deal with the tone suckage?

With the two band EQ nooob :mad: :mad: :D :D

The EQ allows you to dial back whatever is lost. I don't notice a lot of sucking coming from it anyway.

Archived