The OFFICIAL Bad Monkey Club

book_of_lies777

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok I used to have a Bad Monkey and DS-1. Then I got a Jekyll and Hyde pedal and I got rid of my other 2 pedals as a gift to one of my friends who was learning. But I arranged to get my 2 pedals in exchange for my J&H. :o Yes I like my Bad Monkey (soon to be recieved this weekend). I love the versatility of the J&H but I really love the tone of the Monkey. My friend is ready to trade back if I change my mind (dont hate me if i do :p).

My friend also changed some of the caps in the DS-1 and i look forward to hear how this has affected its tone.

:thu:

Member: OFFICIAL Bad Monkey Club

• Members
Originally posted by Damokles

I Just won an ebay auction on one. 25 Bucks, can't wait to try it out. It'll be my first booster/overdrive pedal whatsoever, hope my TSL will like it
:)
Any recommendations for the set up

Gibson Studio Les Paul -> mad Monkey -> Marshall TSL 100?

Dude, I have this setup as well. No bad monkey - whats your opinion of it with the Studio and TSL?

• Members

Well I finally recorded myself playing a bit with my Bad Monkey and made a Soundclick page to put it on, so check it out:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=583871
I spent ~10 minutes improving before I finally got one I liked (I made the backing track thing in one take, go me!:p). Anyway I've only been playing a year (with lessons for the last 2 months), so don't be TOO hard haha. Recording was done by Ibanez SZ320>Bad Monkey>Computer (Audacity).

• Members

Originally posted by Utero

I am really thinking about ordering one....

How do yall think it would sound running through a vox ad50vt?

I run mine through a ad30vt. There are many different ways you can use it but I either use it as a clean boost to help equal the clean amp model volumes with the distortion amp models or as a overdrive/lead boost to add some more bite to the clean models. As a clean boost it gets really close to not flavoring the sound but adds just a bit of muddiness if you ask me (which can be good if you think the blackface sounds a bit dry). An eq might be better as clean boost.

• Members
Originally posted by Archdemon

Bad Monkey's are inexpensive, thus they sound like {censored}.
:mad:
Regardless of what you all may think, your {censored} gear can not compare with my SG into my new Dual Recto.
:mad:

must be your crap cables :)

• Members

Today I bought another of the Digitech distortion pedals, the Grunge pedal (which was originally a DOD pedal from what I've read here). I like it just as much as the BM. Of course, it's basically completely different, but I like it a lot (expect a full review posted soon;))

• Members
Originally posted by iamrobk

Today I bought another of the Digitech distortion pedals, the Grunge pedal (which was originally a DOD pedal from what I've read here). I like it just as much as the BM. Of course, it's basically completely different, but I like it a lot (expect a full review posted soon;))

I used to have the Grunge pedal - it was okay, but I traded it in on the Digitech Death Metal. :D I like it much better.

• Members

I got a chance to 'gig' with it for the first time this morning in church ;). I now have the sound that I've been looking. Running a Variax through it. The BM has a lot of ability to modify it's tone, with it's two tone control knobs. When coupled with the Variax, which also is highly diverse, it was a pleasure.

Brad

• Members

hell yeah i absolutely LOVE my bad monkey. At first, or during a quick demo you may think its nothing special, but its the only pedal i've slowly completely fallen in love with. If you own one for a while with a good amp that takes pedals well (a classic 50 is not one of those amps), you can get a sound with this pedal that you could not get anyway else.
Where with all other pedals i like them more in the beginning and end up not liking them, except maybe my H20 bd-2 from monte allums :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Utero

I am really thinking about ordering one....

How do yall think it would sound running through a vox ad50vt?

It sounds great. I've got both, and so far using it with the AC15 model sounds best. You might want to try your Vox with a P90 equipped guitar, If you haven't already. I've had the best luck across the board with the AD50VT and a Les Paul DC with P90's.

• Members

you know i was just playing some stuff tuned down to C and the bad monkey is straight up chugga chugga, i got some WICKED thick metal with this thing on some G12T-75s :eek: I couldn't believe it

Also i forgot to say earlier that i can get a better Laney AOR pro lead sound out a solid state amp with the bad monkey than i can out of hte Laney ;) I can get the sound of the laney, but tighter and less muddy. From $29 on sale thats a hell of a deal :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by stangme01

you know i was just playing some stuff tuned down to C and the bad monkey is straight up chugga chugga, i got some WICKED thick metal with this thing on some G12T-75s
:eek:
I couldn't believe it

Also i forgot to say earlier that i can get a better Laney AOR pro lead sound out a solid state amp with the bad monkey than i can out of hte Laney
;)
I can get the sound of the laney, but tighter and less muddy. From $29 on sale thats a hell of a deal
:thu:

Awesome!! :thu:

Haven't seen you around in awhile... good to see ya back!

(and you've always got the best damn avatar chicks I've ever seen) :love:

Archived