Guitar Center used has some great deals and very reasonable shipping.

honeyiscool

• Members

I've been getting great deals on amps and microphones from GC. I think most individuals are not really prone to wanting to ship amps on their own, and then when they do it it's like $50 so they're even less likely to do it, but GC is happy to do these transactions.

• Members

GC's used site and instore have some great deals once in awhile. I bought my Masterbuilt Fender 50th Anniversary Strat for 2400 at the Fountain Valley GC. I just checked the website and found that price. Missing most of the case candy but I got the guitar and the collectable case.

• Members

Guitar Center seems to give local managers lots of leeway in setting used prices. The chain is so massive that there are lots of steals, but you have to watch for what you want. Bookmarking search results and checking daily is probably a good idea.

• Members

A great price on a used item means someone else got a terrible price selling or trading it to GC. They told me they typically sell used stuff for 40% more than they pay for it. So if you spent, let's say, $2000 for something brand new, and sold/traded it back in mint condition, they'd turn around and resell it for about $1400 as a used item. Which means you would get $1000, or just half what you paid for it. That's a stiff penalty -- and someone is sure to claim that $1400 is much too high for a used item!

• Members

A great price on a used item means someone else got a terrible price selling or trading it to GC.

Tough {censored} for them. If they want more money they can sell the guitar on Craigslist like anybody else.

Archived