Offsets?? Eeeeeew, wouldn't even touch one with yours

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to hate them, and associate them with crap. I have to admit the jag body shape has really grown on me and I quite like it, but my hands simply cannot even touch a mustang type thing because the repelling opposing forces are like two similarly charged poles of a magnet. The closer I get to one, the further it is pushed away.

I don't know how else to say it, other than just a stupid stupid looking guitar.

No offense to mustang owners, but I highly recommend getting your vision checked.

• Members

Ok what about offset SGs?

PICT0018.jpg

FWIW I really like the Fender offsets but cant understand why some people (Dave for example) like one and hate another.

I never know the difference between a Jaguar, mustang, jazzmaster, jazzstang, musguar etc.

• Members

Ok what about offset SGs?

PICT0018.jpg

FWIW I really like the Fender offsets but cant understand why some people (Dave for example) like one and hate another.

I never know the difference between a Jaguar, mustang, jazzmaster, jazzstang, musguar etc.

Jags and mustangs are two entirely different shapes.

At least with a Jag, I can see where they were at least trying to come up with some sort of design.

A mustang looks like they just have up entirely a nd maybe just traced the blown up drawing of an amoeba or something.

It is just a dumb looking thing. Like, if it were alive, it would have the IQ of an amoeba.

• Members

Oh hey, check out this Toronado on ebay, could be a deal for someone, these are decently rare, especially this iteration:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-TORONADO-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-W-GIG-BAG-/280884732911?pt=Guitar&hash=item416608e3ef#ht_500wt_919

Edit: It's not mine, this thread just made me wanna check ebay for Vertigos and Toronados. This was the only cool result, imo.

• Members

I would shove every last forumite right into traffic on my way to get a deal on a Bass VI but I doubt I would ever take. Jazzmaster over a (though I like the look of both) and I don't like the 24" scale on the orher offsets.

Archived