The Hollow Guitar

Elias Graves

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I like your Yamaha. Is it an archtop? Mine is a flattop. I actually love that Turser. It's got a full thickness body. Tone control doesn't kick in til around 7, though. I've thought of putting a Bigsby and Gretsch style pickups on it and making it a poor man's Country Gent, but I bought a boat a few days ago, so I'll be obsessed with that for awhile.

• Members

Glad to see you get that High Roller. A very unusual guitar.

What do you think of it? How's it sound compared to your 335?

HNGD!

EG

Thanks!

The 335 is more resonant which is expected because is bigger. The VHR is a little thin sounding, but not twangy thin. I like it, it has its particular sound.

I will post clips next week.

Thanks.

Omar :thu:

• Members

pete_anderson_blk.jpg

Wow this is nice.

EG

That's really interesting-- they copied Harmony's higher end archtop f-holes. I have never seen that cut on anything besides a Harmony. What company is that?

My feeling, though, on archtops with Bigsby's is that they're stupid-- it's partly an acoustic instrument, so why put this large, movement dampening mass on top of the soundboard? Seems stupid. Anybody else feel this way?

• Members
That's really interesting-- they copied Harmony's higher end archtop f-holes. I have never seen that cut on anything besides a Harmony. What company is that?

My feeling, though, on archtops with Bigsby's is that they're stupid-- it's partly an acoustic instrument, so why put this large, movement dampening mass on top of the soundboard? Seems stupid. Anybody else feel this way?

Hmm...that's an interesting idea. It would affect the acoustic tone a bit, but I wonder if it has any positive aspects. Perhaps it helps cut down on feedback since the the top isn't as free to vibrate? Who knows :) for better or worse, I think it looks pretty sweet!

• Members

Hotness alert!

I just stumbled upon this one for sale
somewhere
:

es175.jpg

:love:

I think I want it.
:facepalm:

Was 79 a good year for Gibsons?

No it wasn't.. all that came out that year was rubbish..

Now give me a contact to the seller, I'm gonna tell him as well.. :D

He is selling it? http://www.thegearpage.net/board/member.php?u=7351

PS: Don't worry, I cant afford it.. :)

• Members
No it wasn't.. all that came out that year was rubbish..

Now give me a contact to the seller, I'm gonna tell him as well..
:D

He is selling it?
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/member.php?u=7351

I can't open the link, but no, it probably isn't this one. The one I posted is in a shop around Paris.

Please buy it, or something terrible might happen when I'm in France in a couple of weeks :(

Oh and, yeah... 3k Euros, BTW. :o

• Members

I can't open the link, but no, it probably isn't this one. The one I posted is in a shop around Paris.

Please buy it
, or something terrible might happen when I'm in France in a couple of weeks
:(

Oh and, yeah... 3k Euros, BTW.
:o

Funny.. I thought that some "Pacsal" is selling it, cuz you had it on you photobucked.. :)

the link I send is your profile on tgp i found googling the nickname.. :)

Note to myself: look at the name of a person you are talking to.. :)

well.. aye.. 3kE.. thats quite a lot.. :)

count me in for that "terrible might happen in France" though.. :)

btw they want 2400 for a 1962 ES-125.. :D

Archived