You have those moments playing a lick that reminds you of a song you can't remember?

GAS Man

• Members

I just had another one of those. They make you want to bash your head trying to pull back just enough of a shred of a memory to figure out WTF it is.

This time I got lucky.

I was playing a little progression tonight in Am, that started this old tune playing in my head.

Finally a few lyrics started coming back like:

"Doin alright on a Saturday night"

"Come what may"

Just putting that into Google brought me my totally vague recall blast from the past back to full recall. Thank heaven for the internet age. ;)

Bm A G (progression)

[video=youtube;wvJMZZDROlU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJMZZDROlU

The worst one I ever had was a single string note progression that drove me crazy for about 10 years before I finally had an opportunity to learn the name of the song and band that played it. That one was Pictures Of Matchstick Men by Status Quo

[video=youtube;3D4YYI8G5EM]

I was playing most of that song from the melody playing in my head for many years before I finally got the opportunity to learn what the hell it was. 'bout drove me nuts :lol: But it was just something I'd heard on the radio back in my day.

This time, the wait was only about 20 minutes. That's workable. ;)

Happen to you?

• Members

Ya happens all the time! Quite often when I am jamming with my band I will be playing around while people are getting setup and suddenly one of them will be like hey that is this or that song and I will be like okay ya I guess it is not having a clue that I was playing it in the first place.

• Members

Happens all the time!

Most recently, playing "Jessica" - the well known solo, the beginning turned into Farashaka (nursery ryhm).

Also, yesterday, doing some major scale exercises and it quickly turned into "Lean on me"

Archived