Finally purchased a Squier VM Thinline Telecaster.

honeyiscool

• Members

DV016_Jpg_Large_514048.001_black.jpg

I've eyed one of these for ages, and I finally did it. In theory, this guitar is something I really should love, since it's a Gibson scale 22-fret neck (I'm not a huge fan of 25.5" scale, I tolerate it, but prefer shorter), but with traditional Tele pickups, and semi-hollow. I'm a fan of all three things, and this is one of those models that really intrigued me because of the specs and hence bonding potential. If I wanted a more traditional Thinline, I would have gone for the CV, but I had a feeling that would just end up back on resale eventually, so I wanted one that had a more unique neck. For me, guitars are basically neck and pickup configurations.

I'll see how much I like the stock Duncan Designed pickups, but I plan on replacing the wiring to a 4-way switch and 500k pots, it's something I like to do on Tele-style guitars. If I don't like the pickups, I'll put in some DiMarzio Area T noiseless pickups, or maybe Duncan Antiquity if I'm feeling more vintage (I probably won't), or maybe I'll get some Classic Vibe Tele pickups since they're highly regarded. But I probably won't change the pickups for a while, I just moved into a new place and I need pots and pans way before I need new pickups. I still can't eat real food, so I've avoided buying kitchen stuff, but eventually, you know.

Anyway, I'm thrilled. This will be my first electric guitar since 2012 started (I've bought two acoustics and a bass, though). Now the wait.

:)

• Members

Congrats! I had one exactly like what you pictured. Unfortunately I was broke and bought it specifically to flip, since I already have 3 other Teles. While I had mine up for sale, I did gig it both in a side rock band and at church, and it did fine dead stock. It was a fun solid cheapie. No complaints at all.

Enjoy!

(o)(o)

• Members

I'm still in the middle of moving. And those drinks are each like 250 calories and I do four a day, and I drink a few glasses of soy milk and have a couple of other meals a day. I'm pretty sure I'm pushing 2200 calories a day, easily.

I don't gain weight easily. I've been the same for years.

• Members

I think you'll really enjoy the VM. I love mine. Also, the shorter scale feels pretty good on it too. The Duncan Designed PUs aren't bad but once you have some quality ones in there, it will sing. The electronics are good quality. Here's mine in case you haven't seen it before:

IMG_0665.jpg

• Members

I got one for my wife a couple of years ago in the gold color. Plays well and sounds surprisingly good. I like its looks better than the CV one, where I think the body looks too plastic-y. Combining it with a vox pathfinder 15R makes for a real cheap, light, good sounding twang setup.

• Members

damn, this thread made me realize i was missing out on the backstory, so i just went and found honey's thread about being robbed. holy {censored}. i can't believe that happened...and I'm really sorry about it.

I can sympathize, because I got attacked in Jerusalem when I was about the same age and had to fly back to the States for immediate dental surgery. suffice it to say, i also didn't eat solid food for a while. but not for as long as honey. a broken jaw sounds really really sucko.

Archived