Mustang amp Owners what are your fav Fuze presets?

kulardenu

• Members

Just curios on what settings your into? I am loving the jeffs-sparkling-clean preset. Like tooling around with this on my strats. There are sooo many to choose from, most you still need to tweak a little for your own taste but the above one was pretty much perfect right from the download for me.

• Members

Just install the fuse software and through the usb. Here is the link... https://fuse.fender.com/mustang/ I am no computer/tech guru so if I can figure it out, most anybody can. You can import/export, store on your computer, store on your amp, etc...

You can search and there are literally thousands. https://fuse.fender.com/mustang/presets.php/title/show-all-presets/page-1/100-at-a-time/order-up

• Members

Hey Dale, i just plugged the MIII to the computer and tried to record via USB like i could with my THR. Nothing happens. My recording software doesn't see the MIII. couldn't find a driver on the website of the Fuse. What's up with that? I know the MIII is designed to be a recording tool. What am i doing wrong?

• Members

Hey Dale, i just plugged the MIII to the computer and tried to record via USB like i could with my THR. Nothing happens. My recording software doesn't see the MIII. couldn't find a driver on the website of the Fuse. What's up with that? I know the MIII is designed to be a recording tool. What am i doing wrong?

have you downloaded the updated fuse suff yet?

• Members

Since Jkater has an M3, he can do some pretty deep editing w/o Fuse, but yeah, being able to search and download boatloads of other peoples stuff is a huge plus.

As far as recording, I installed fuse: https://fuse.fender.com/

and I believe the asio driver: http://www.fender.com/support/articles/fender-universal-asio-driver

in reaper it shows up in the preferences as an input device. From there I just add a track, arm it and record. I think I've done it in audacity as well, but not recently or often as I bought reaper and use it pretty much exclusively.

• Members

As far as presets, there was one called "57 deluxe on a plate" that I really liked. I grabbed that and tweaked it a little, added reverb as well. Sounds GREAT w/a tele.

https://fuse.fender.com/mustang/preset.php/singlecoil-57-deluxe-on-a-plate

The '65 blackface deluxe reverb just sounds good, period. A few tweaks on that and man, what tone.

This twin preset is great as well: https://fuse.fender.com/mustang/preset.php/fender-touch-of-reverb

• Members

I'm grateful to you Wagdog for suggesting to AB the two because it got me into my M3 and I'm having a blast right now. But also I'm getting a little frustrated because I can't seem to be able to use it properly for recording (huge latency of over a hundred ms) and also the presets from folks in the "community" how do i bring that to my amp or even the fuse software? I haven't been able to figure it out in spite of trying. (maybe I'm just a little computer unsavy...).

• Members

Link to Fender Fuse manuals

Link to description & video of Fender Fuse Media Library, from which you can open presets

The Fender FUSE Media Library functions as a librarian for all of your Presets and Band Tracks. Every Preset or Band track on your computer, amplifier, or on the Fender FUSE Community can be accessed from the Media Library. Furthermore, any user-created Presets uploaded to the Community must be uploaded from the Media Library.

In the Media Library, content is displayed according to location. Presets and Band Tracks that reside on your computer can be accessed by clicking on the Computer tab. Presets stored on the amp can be accessed by clicking the Amp tab. Clicking the Web tab will display all Presets and Band tracks that are available for download on the Fender FUSE Community. These files can be downloaded by right-clicking the Preset or Band Track you wish to download. There is also an Add to Library function that allows for importing of Preset, MP3, WAV, and MIDI files to be imported into Fender FUSE.

[[[ Also see the tutorial video on this page ]]]

How to save presets onto your amp

Presets can be transferred from the Fender FUSE Media Library and saved to the Mustang I/II and Fender Bronco. This functionality exists in case there is a preset that only resides on your computer and you wish to save it to the amp. To transfer/copy Presets to the Mustang, simply click the Computer tab in the Media Library, right-click on the Preset you wish to copy and select Save Preset to Amp. You will be asked to select a save location (00-23).

Presets can be transferred from the Fender FUSE Media Library and saved to the Mustang III-V. This functionality exists in case there is a preset that only resides on your computer and you wish to save it to the amp. To transfer/copy Presets to the Mustang, simply click the Computer tab in the Media Library, right-click on the Preset you wish to copy and select Save Preset to Amp. You will be asked to select a save location (00-99).

Backup/restore presets

The Fender Mustang I/II and Fender Bronco 40 amplifiers can store up to 24 instantly recallable presets in its internal memory. The Fender Mustang III-V can store up to 100 instantly recallable presets in its internal memory. The Fender G-DEC 3 can store up to 100 instantly recallable presets in its internal memory. These can be made up of whatever types of presets you like. Many musicians like to play in a wide range of styles. For that reason, some users may find it necessary to store "sets" of certain types and styles of guitar sounds. For example, a guitarist may want to have nothing but blues flavored presets on his amp for a gig. Later on, that person may want more country-ish tones. Using the Mustang, Bronco 40 or G-DEC 3 Backup feature, you can fill your amp with whatever kinds of tones you want, back them up, save the backup as "Blues Tones", etc. and have a fresh canvas for your next 24 or 100 Presets. Not only that, you can Restore the "Blues Tones" backup at a later date using the Restore feature. This gives you the ability to store and load "sets" of Presets to and from your amp.

Latency (possibly)

PC:

Excessive latency while using Ableton Live Lite 8 Fender Edition can be caused by two things, using an incompatible non ASIO driver, or high buffer settings for the ASIO driver. To troubleshoot this, first make sure you are using the most current Fender ASIO driver. In order to check your buffer settings either click the green arrow in your taskbar, or, if in Ableton Live Lite 8 Fender Edition, go to Options-Preferences-Audio and select the Hardware Setup button. Your buffer setting is displayed in a numerical value. Try lowering the value for less latency. If lowered too much you may notice clicks and pops in your audio. If you do, raise the Buffer Size back to an acceptable level.

• Members

I have zero, as in 0 latency.

I only use the audio option of the USB and record direct to reaper. I suspect you're trying to use some other amp modelling software w/it - never had much luck doing that.

What software are you recording with?

• Members

I have zero, as in 0 latency.

I only use the audio option of the USB and record direct to reaper. I suspect you're trying to use some other amp modelling software w/it - never had much luck doing that.

What software are you recording with?

There is no plug-ins on the track I used.

The problem was initially with Studio One and it didn't see the mustang until I chose "windows audio" which is clearly not the right driver for it. I downloaded the "universal Fender driver" and Studio one still doesn't want to use that. I tried audacity and it recognises it but still with latency that makes it impossible to use. I know this can be fixed because I'm sure it's supposed to work but with the THR, it all went smoothly without hassle and there is no latency at all. That's too bad because I'd love to record with the M3.

• Members

Here is what I see w/reaper:

since you just installed fuse, did it prompt you to update the firmware in your amp?

Too bad you're experiencing this, it went pretty smoothly for me.
:(
Hope you can get it worked out.

I installed Fuse a while back when I got the amp but didn't use it. Today I tried to make things work and I updated the firmware in the amp and also download Fender's "universal driver". couldn't get my head around all the things that didn't go smoothly including presets that i could save on my computer but then what? Thery're in a folder and couldn't use it with Fuse or import it to it or the amp. I'll try again in the coming days when I'm not so tired.

• Members

Couple great suggestions guys. Really like the input as there are so many and quite a few that I don't like even with tweaking. Good to have the user input here with what guitar your tried it with. I have a M-I & M-II and am trying to wrap my head around why the M-I seems to have a better sound than the M-II??? Both have the latest upgrade to.

Archived