Where can I buy these? (Rail pickup covers)

Lex.Luthier

• Members

I totally agree on this, and now that I know that the GFS covers work on dimarzio type pickups, I'm looking for a couple Pro Track to replace the GFS guts.

Or you could just buy one of the many awesome noiseless singles DiMarzio makes. Like the Area series, HS series, Virtual Vintage series, Virtual Heavy Blues, etc.

• Members

Great idea man! I just bought a pack of them, hopefully they'll work out
:thu:

The pole piece plate fits perfectly between the rails but the neovin plastic covers are slightly too narrow for a Dimarzio. I used a standard generic single coil case instead and it fit perfectly bar being around around 2mm short at bottom because of the extra height of the rails. You cant see that though when it's in a scratch-plate
:)

Pics when you do it!

(Like the popsickle stick or maybe balsa wood idea. Lay down the wood, put the top on and press in the nailheads to get some indentations of where to glue them.)

• Members

Or you could just buy one of the many awesome noiseless singles DiMarzio makes. Like the Area series, HS series, Virtual Vintage series, Virtual Heavy Blues, etc.

nah, I have the protrack in another guitar and totally love it, it paired up perfectly with the Tone Zone I have in the bridge.

• Members

bump this when those that ordered the slugs to glue to a popsicle stick try it themselves.

Don't worry, I have this thread bookmarked and my lollipop sticks ready. I live in Europe though and the 'slugs' are coming from the U.S so it'll probably be a few more days till I have them :(

• Members

Cut the first lollipop stick down to size, fits perfectly. I bought 100 sticks and 100 slugs so I'm going to have a lot of leftovers when this is done so if anyone wants to try to make their own it would cost me next to nothing to send some on to them:

67082959.jpg

• Members

Will that popsicle stick fit in Seymour Duncan Hot Rails?

I should have a hot rail around here somewhere, I'll check when I find it. The problem with hot rails as far as I know is that their cover cant be removed, so I'm not sure if a regular single coil cover will fit over one.

• Members

WOW That's gonna turn out great:thu: Won't have the staggered look but for something so simple it's hard to find fault and should look very convincing.:cool: Maybe some steel wool to dull them up a little?

And one other way I was thinking to mount them would be to flare the tabs on the slugs outward and drop them inside the cover itself and lay over them with some duct-tape or tarp-tape. (If you have some tape maybe you could test it, see if it's workable?) Pics? :):cool::thu::thu:

• Members

The studs arrived today. I was expecting them to be flat on the top but instead they are a little curved which doesn't look as good, still though they look fine overall.

pickuph.jpg

I think it looks good. In fact, I think that looks better than a typical S-90. I don't mind the look of an S-90 and I like having adjustable pole pieces but what you ended up with there is a very clean look. I'm not a fan of the way rails look on a Strat.

The bridge pup on this Strat is an S-90 type ( Fralin SP-43)....

FenderStratPupCloseup.jpg

FenderStratBody.jpg

• Members

The studs arrived today. I was expecting them to be flat on the top but instead they are a little curved which doesn't look as good, still though they look fine overall.

pickuph.jpg

Maybe you could take a finish nail or machine screw_insert it and flatten them out a little on a hard surface. Looks good the way it is though.:thu:

41PpwwmVozL._AA115_.jpg

Hardware-Finish-Nails.jpg

Archived