guitar world

sammyreynolds01

• Members

Back in August I took out a subscription to GW and I was told that my subscription would start on 9/29. Well needless to say I called them on 10/3 and told them I hadn't received my subscription. Then they proceeded to tell me my magazines would arrive on 10/20. I go and check the mail and nothing. So should I cancel my subscription 1st thing the morning or give it more time.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog

View Post

There is actually some good content in the lessons section of gw. Not always, but sometimes. I've found it worth cost of the subscription.

Guitar World is my least favorite guitar mag but occasionally they examine a classic album and almost ANY gear review interests me. Yep, worth the subscription.

• Members

I don't have a subscription, but I often buy an issue off the newsstand to read on a plane, so I read maybe one issue a year. If the subscription isn't expensive, which I don't think it is, I think you should keep it for the following reasons:

1. It makes a perfectly good bathroom reader.
2. You may learn something in the lesson section.
3. They have reviews, and while they never give anything a negative, they at least give you a detailed rundown of the specs along with pics that are sometimes good, and you can decide for yourself if you're interested.
4. There's a chance they'll interview a player you like.
5. If a roach invades your house, the magazine is substantial enough to squash the damn thing.

Archived