The cyclical, WHAT ARE YOU GAS'n FOR?, thread

GAS Man

• Members

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep my eyes peeled
:thu:

No problem. Also SOME '69 non-drip edge bassman amps are still ab165, but not all of them. Only way to tell really is by xfmr code.

I'd start here:

http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?location=20001&maxDist=300&region_us=1&search_string=bassman&keytype=adv&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&showeb=1&category=8&subcat=msa&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

• Members

Working on a Tele with a 24 3/4" scale. That is going to be the guitar that makes me really appreciate Fender style guitars. :)

Other than that, I'm just looking at some random pieces of gear. I did want a J Mascis Squier but I can't jive with a 25.5" scale at all. I love the way it sounds though. We'll see how this Tele thing goes and then I'll go from there.

• Members

Electricity, heat, and hot water would be a good start :)

But beyond that, this will be the winter of the be all, end all acoustic guitar for me. I'm planning on buying whatever speaks to me in person, but a Collings OM is on the shortlist.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

View Post

Zoiks, Scoob! Mojo sent.

Thanks - honestly, I'm dealing without some creature comforts but life proceeds as normal. Plus, it's given me the opportunity to give the acoustic some good run!

• Members

there's an acoustic...either Guild or Gretsch can't remember which with a triangular shaped soundhole that WAS hanging in a pawnshop...I wnet back a couple of days after first seeing it...gone! cry.gif . I need to find out what model it was because it had a big rich sound and a neck that felt perfect, strings felt like almost an electric..not that typcial much stiffer feel you get from some...

• Members

Stymon Blue Sky reverb pedal. Never saw the need for a reverb pedal, hardly ever put more than a touch of reverb on my amp, but a co-worker got one and now I MUST ACQUIRE.

SMS Earth Drive...really nice OD/distortion pedal to replace the crappy ones I have on my board.

BYOC Tweed Royale amp kit, because I want a tweed era deluxe and/or champ, and can't afford to get one of the assembled clones, let alone an original.

Archived