Austin guitars? St. Louis Music?

nicholai

• Members

I picked up an awesome one piece SG style Austin for the grand total of 80$ a few years ago. People have thought it was a very expensive guitar but it's my cheapest. I found out it was made by St. Louis music and promptly moved on not knowing anything about them but they were a distributer, figured they had house brands fromchina like the rest. I recently realized that was who Dan Armstrong was working with at the end, making me think, hey, who is St. Louis music? Anyone?

• Members

I am still hating myself for not purchasing a St. Louis guitar that was hanging in my local MGR for $500 recently ... got home, discovered it was one of their higher-end guitars, usually sells new for over two grand. It had a BIG ding, and I hadn't heard of the brand, so I thought ... nah. But it was SOOOOO nice I just had to Google it, and then of course when I went back it was long gone.

The neck on it was amazing. And the pickups (sent through a Vibrolux) were fantastic.

• Members

St. Louis Music Co. is a distributor for a number of brands including Alvarez, Paiste, and others. They used to have the Electra brand back in the early 80s as well.

I had an Austin PRS style guitar at one time that I got for $100. Was probably worth about that. I got rid of it after a year or so. Just felt cheap compared to my Godins.

Archived