Godin Session Custom

Steadfastly

• Members

I've been looking for a tele and keep coming back to the Godin Session.

Does anyone have any experience or opinion they could share?

GODINSESSIONCUSTOM.jpg

Session Custom

This is a guitar with tonal versatility that's right at home playing a multitude of styles of music. From alternative-rock, blues to country, the Session Custom is packed full of features and is ready to take center stage.

It features a Canadian basswood body, rock maple neck with maple or rosewood fingerboard, the Godin High-Definition Revoicer and the Godin Tru-Loc Tremolo system which allows players to regulate their own trem arm placement into a personal Custom Comfort Zone. The Session Custom features a beefy Godin Humbucker in the neck and the sweet Godin 'Custom Cajun' single-coil pickup in the bridge for added vintage punch & bite. All of which are housed in a classic single cutaway body design and controlled via a 5-way switch, 1x volume and 1x tone knob.
Godin Tru-Loc Trem system
Allows a player to regulate Tremolo Arm placement via a simple allen key adjustment, which locks the arm into a personal Custom Comfort Zone. Arm stays firm & true while offering smooth & full mobility within players Custom Comfort Zone.

H.D.R. High-Definition Revoicer
The H.D.R. revoices and augments the frequency range of each pickup and allows the player to go from passive to active pickups
with the simple push of a button.

Th H.D.R. provides extra bite, dynamic response and redefines the
character of each pickup. It

• Members

Not with that model...I've owned a few Godins and they're pretty amazing, especially considering the price, and the fact that they're North American-made is comforting. Another plus is that they seem to hold their value better than other brands/guitars so if you get it and fall out of love, you should be able to recoup a decent amount of $...hope this helps(but probably nothing you haven't heard before smile.gif)...

• Members

I have a Godin Session (HSS) and it's a great guitar. Plays very well and sounds great.

I recently did a little "gig" for a neighborhood block party (along with 2 keyboardists, drummer, harmonica player, bassists, vocalists, etc) and that was the guitar I chose to bring along. It has very good depth to its tone and yet still has plenty of vibe and twang.

IMG_0164-1.jpg

• Members

I've had 3 Godins: the Radiator was probably the best, but was sold to make room for a Gibson V (should have kept it!). The SD wasn't great, with construction below early MIM strat level, bland pickups and a fingerboard that was too narrow. Still have my xtSA to drive a Roland GR33. Iit's like a blank canvas to play, rather than bringing something inspiring to the table and although it's versatile it doesn't sound especially good as a guitar in any of the many pickup combinations.

A bit like PRSs, if it works for you then you'll love them, but if not then you may not 'get' it.

As for the guitar in the OP, looks nice but with a trem it's not going to sound too much like a Tele.

• Members

I suggest Play one first - these Godin Sessions have a thinner neck profile compared to most Fenders. or any Godin LGSA , XTSA

These Godin Sessions are like the old Godin SD series necks - feels thin like a EBMM Petrucci
Seems when manufacturers today take a survey on "what type Neck profile should we design into our new guitar", they end up with too many kids stuffing the ballot box and voting in:
"Make the neck as thin as possible"
These feel more like an Ibanez Wizard thin profile - which is not my cup of tea.

Myself I prefer a PRS or vintage Tele fat Neck profile as i find those more comfortable to play and definitely deliver better tone.

Archived