The $100 Guitar Project - (The guitar passes thru 65 hands & still on the move)

GAS Man

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC View Post
I have not heard of ANY of them, so I could not express an opinion about them. I was not trying to slog on the music, or even the intent. I did as the writer asked and took my time reading the entire list. I was shocked to not see any recognizable names given that it was referred to as an "awesome" list. It's not as if I'm in some form of over-the-top denial here; I've never seen anyone post a Ray Kallas, Marco Oppedissano, or Bruce Eisenbeil Appreciation thread here ...
Right on... most of the 'appreciation' threads I've seen over the last few years are basically A-listers who take some flack, not borderline unknowns.

Most of the names on that list that I recognize (which admittedly is around 20% of them) are definitely people of note.

It's all good though. I was just kind of incredulous that a member of the guitar community had never heard of a single name on that list. idn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC View Post
I have not heard of ANY of them, so I could not express an opinion about them. I was not trying to slog on the music, or even the intent. I did as the writer asked and took my time reading the entire list. I was shocked to not see any recognizable names given that it was referred to as an "awesome" list. It's not as if I'm in some form of over-the-top denial here; I've never seen anyone post a Ray Kallas, Marco Oppedissano, or Bruce Eisenbeil Appreciation thread here ...
Right on... most of the 'appreciation' threads I've seen over the last few years are basically A-listers who take some flack or those that don't get quite the same talk time as other A-listers. In general, they aren't borderline unknowns.

Most of the names on that list that I recognize (which admittedly is around 20% or 30% of them) are definitely people of note.

It's all good though. I was just kind of incredulous that a member of the guitar community had never heard of a single name on that list. idn_smilie.gif

Archived