Beginners amp!

thecornman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
Fender G-Dec...Blackstar, Vox, etc are nice, but for a beginner, something with looping, phrase training, effects, amp sims, rhythm tracks, etc are really valuable.

I personally hate the tone of the G-Dec-at least the first generation(haven't tried the newer version) but for a beginner, it's really the only way to go...
The first gen GDecs sucked ass. The current GDec III 30 is a damn nice sounding amp after some Fender Fuse preset editing/downloading and a speaker swap (I put a Ragin Cajun in mine). It has so much versatility and such a wide variety of useful sounds ... my only wish for it is to combine the digital features of the GDec with the hybrid tube capability of the Super Champ XD. And maybe make a head-only version.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gdsmithtx View Post
The first gen GDecs sucked ass.
yep. that's why i changed my vote to rockman or gorilla biggrin.gif

Quote Originally Posted by gdsmithtx View Post
The current GDec III 30 is a damn nice sounding amp after some Fender Fuse preset editing/downloading and a speaker swap (I put a Ragin Cajun in mine). It has so much versatility and such a wide variety of useful sounds ... my only wish for it is to combine the digital features of the GDec with the hybrid tube capability of the Super Champ XD. And maybe make a head-only version.
Sounds very cool...I should check a newer one out-after my wallet recovers from this month! There's really no excuse for an inferior amp-training device in this day and age...the first GDec was pretty embarrassing tonally.

Archived