335-Style Love (All Makes/Models/Variants)

HeatherAnnePeel

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by axegrinder

View Post

I not big into the 335 aesthetic or style of guitar, but this thread is full of win. thumb.gif

Yup. There's a reason why the 335 has never been out of production in over 50 years, why it's one of the most copied body styles there is, and why it has such an enthusiastic fan base. If you played one, you might understand. As easy, comfortable, spacious, accessable, and balanced a design as you can find anywhere.

Spend an evening or two getting to know one. You can only be happy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Flintc

View Post

Yup. There's a reason why the 335 has never been out of production in over 50 years, why it's one of the most copied body styles there is, and why it has such an enthusiastic fan base. If you played one, you might understand. As easy, comfortable, spacious, accessable, and balanced a design as you can find anywhere.

Spend an evening or two getting to know one. You can only be happy.

I think you misunderstood me. I am not "against" the style (see post 56). I'm just not inclined to own two or three. My meager copy is a keeper though. redface.gif

• Members

I've had this seafoam/surf green Sanatoga 335 copy for six or seven years, it's a cheapo but I like it a lot...

Image3-5.jpg

I sold this one quite a while ago. It's another Sanatoga '335' that I bought on Ebay (and sold on Ebay). I should have kept it, if for nothing else than it's unusual teal metal flake finish.....

Image2-6.jpg

I don't have any pictures of it, but In the late 1960's I owned an 'Emperador' fire-engine red '335' clone that was really pretty nice, it had a rather unique checkerboard binding. It was the first electric guitar I had that wasn't a cheesy solidbody. Though it wasn't the same color, I've only seen one like it a few years ago on an Ebay auction...should have bought it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor49

View Post

335 RI and shimmer bar

Quote Originally Posted by Buttcrust

View Post

never heard it called thatcool.gif

will now reference as suchsmile.gif

actually i struggled between shimmy bar and shimmer bar.

both will do it justice since there is a shimmering shimmy that a Bigsby gives which is unmatched.

periodically I take it off the 335 and then wish I hadn't.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Noise Factory

View Post

1980 ES-347

ES-347%20Closeup.jpg

My colleague has a tobacco sunburst, I secretly hope he would offer me for sale one day. smile.gif

Otherwise I like the ES335s in blonde, unfortunately when one popped up in my neighborhood, I didn't have the money.

Big fan of the Starfires.

Archived