Just got my 2012 Fender American Standard Stratocastor tonight $691.00

johnnytuinals

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by EJ_Boy View Post
The real question is......are you going to keep it?
How does it play? Construction, neck fit and paint job? Is the action sky high or medium or low?
I don't sell my guitars
I really have NO clue how it plays since it came last night
I would worry about the Construction, neck fit and paint job if it was made in Mexico or anywhere else lol...........JT

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by EJ_Boy View Post
The real question is......are you going to keep it?
How does it play? Construction, neck fit and paint job? Is the action sky high or medium or low?
I don't sell my guitars
I really have NO clue how it plays since it came last night
I would worry about the Construction, neck fit and paint job if it was made in Mexico or anywhere else lol...........JT

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350969[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350970[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350971[/ATTACH}

Damm I have been looking at KINDA New 2012 Starts on Ebay(too me they are used lol}for
$800 - $1100,,,I think the lower priced ones must want to get most of their money back?But if they Paid $691 like I did for a New 2012 American Standard Stratocaster,I am sure MOST would not be selling theirs?But since many over paid I cannot blame them if they need the money....
Here are my pictures and think its a pretty cool looking guitar............JT

That's a great deal! If I didn't get this SG in cherry with a one piece body PMed for $684, I would have said you got the best deal ever.
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...-Standard.aspx

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sg79 View Post
That's a great deal! If I didn't get this SG in cherry with a one piece body PMed for $684, I would have said you got the best deal ever.
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...-Standard.aspx
I don't get what you are saying a one piece body,I thought all Gibsons were 1 piece?
I got a Gibson flying V with hardshell case for $707 while Samash wanted $799 and everyone else wanted $1100.
Yep there are many deals,you have the money you can buy whatever you want,myself I have bought 6 or 7 guitars lately...(cash is king babyyyy}.JT

• Members
I don't get what you are saying a one piece body,I thought all Gibsons were 1 piece?
I got a Gibson flying V with hardshell case for $707 while Samash wanted $799 and everyone else wanted $1100.
Yep there are many deals,you have the money you can buy whatever you want,myself I have bought 6 or 7 guitars lately...(cash is king babyyyy}.JT
Yeah, I got lucky on that one. No, not all Gibsons have one piece bodies. In fact, most of the sub $1500 models have 2, sometimes 3 piece bodies. In the case of a recent LP special p90 I sent back, it had 4 pieces, very mismatched also. It weighed 11 pounds, told them it was defective because it was too heavy- they paid return shipping. I love it when anyone pays less than cost when dealing with online companies....so good work there!

• Members
Yeah, I got lucky on that one. No, not all Gibsons have one piece bodies. In fact, most of the sub $1500 models have 2, sometimes 3 piece bodies. In the case of a recent LP special p90 I sent back, it had 4 pieces, very mismatched also. It weighed 11 pounds, told them it was defective because it was too heavy- they paid return shipping. I love it when anyone pays less than cost when dealing with online companies....so good work there!

• Members

I took delivery on a tri-color/maple during the end of December, and was _really_ impressed with the build quality and finish. I cannot find a single flaw and the wood grain is beautiful. My only complaint is that the setup is a little high around 12 fret and higher, which is probably the norm from the factory. A truss rod adjust didn't quite do it, so I will probably take it to my favorite luthier. I had been putting off buying an American Standard Strat, but it is such a fine looking and playing instrument, I wish that I had jumped on it sooner.

Archived