Can you mess up your ears by playing half step down? or...

privatejoe

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by onelife View Post
my wife has perfect pitch but has absolutely no formal musical knowledge at all - she remembers thousands of songs simply by the sound - if i want to know the key of a song i will ask her to sing it for me and she just pulls it out of the air - she can tell me if i'm playing the wrong note in a guitar riff and then sing the line for me as it should be - she does not think it is anything special and does not believe she has any talent at all - she thinks everyone can sing
That's so cool,it's a true gift .
I've only met one person with perfect pitch,amazing stuff

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by onelife View Post
my wife has perfect pitch but has absolutely no formal musical knowledge at all - she remembers thousands of songs simply by the sound - if i want to know the key of a song i will ask her to sing it for me and she just pulls it out of the air - she can tell me if i'm playing the wrong note in a guitar riff and then sing the line for me as it should be - she does not think it is anything special and does not believe she has any talent at all - she thinks everyone can sing
That's so cool,it's a true gift .
I've only met one person with perfect pitch,amazing stuff

• Members

Tuning half-step down will definitely ruin your hearing. However, using a capo at the first fret to bring it back to standard is even worse. Ears have bled from that.

Worst thing, though? Either of the above and lipstick pickups. That's head-exploding sound if there ever was one.

• Members

Both of my guitars are tuned half-step down. I must admit that it did not help me nail the Slash toanz. What did it for me was a new switch on my Behringer iAxe Metalien 629 through my Fender Mustang in the Twin-Reverb (Green) setting with echo, delay and some distortion. Once I did that Slash was attainable in a mere fifteen minutes.

You jelly? I bet you are.

Archived