Why haven't you bought a baritone yet?

docjeffrey

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by reverberlayed

View Post

I haven't bought one because I still suck in standard tuning and wouldn't know how to implement it into an arrangement.

Tuned down to B, it's pretty simple. The 5th string is the low E on a standard guitar.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by reverberlayed

View Post

I haven't bought one because I still suck in standard tuning and wouldn't know how to implement it into an arrangement.

Tuned down to B, it's pretty simple. The 5th string is the low E on a standard guitar.

• Members

Great photo Doc! That's the Stan and Dan model he's playing - 6 string on top and a 4 string bass on the bottom. Mine came as a 12 on top and regular 6 on the bottom. Then I met Paul Chandler and he showed me how to get all these cool new voicings using fingerings we all ready know and I was hooked. Grabbed a baritone neck from Allparts and there you go. Mine's currently strung as a 6 string bass, but I'm starting to feel the baritone coming on again.

• Members

Great photo Doc! That's the Stan and Dan model he's playing - 6 string on top and a 4 string bass on the bottom. Mine came as a 12 on top and regular 6 on the bottom. Then I met Paul Chandler and he showed me how to get all these cool new voicings using fingerings we all ready know and I was hooked. Grabbed a baritone neck from Allparts and there you go. Mine's currently strung as a 6 string bass, but I'm starting to feel the baritone coming on again.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Weiner_Bomb

View Post

I rather slap some 12's on my guitar if I want to tune down to C or B (a rare thing for me to do generally) instead of having to get used to a whole other guitar with an even longer scale than a fender idn_smilie.gif..

You're not gonna get the proper twang afforded by the increased tension of a 28" scale where you can use 13--62's.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Weiner_Bomb

View Post

I rather slap some 12's on my guitar if I want to tune down to C or B (a rare thing for me to do generally) instead of having to get used to a whole other guitar with an even longer scale than a fender idn_smilie.gif..

You're not gonna get the proper twang afforded by the increased tension of a 28" scale where you can use 13--62's.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinandstrat

View Post

Is it possible to convert a baritone into a six string bass?

Almost, but you're not gonna get the deep low end of a typical 30 to 34" bass. My baritone is 28" scale and I could install a set of these:

juststrings_2244_1472564178

I would probably need work on the nut slots, but those might work for EADGBE tuning (down an octave from a typical guitar). With 13-60 D'Adarrios, I've been able to tune to BEADF#B. That's standard tuning down a few steps. In that tuning, I can drop the low B to a low A which is like the third string on a four string bass.

• Members

View Post

Almost, but you're not gonna get the deep low end of a typical 30 to 34" bass. My baritone is 28" scale and I could install a set of these:

juststrings_2244_1472564178

I would probably need work on the nut slots, but those might work for EADGBE tuning (down an octave from a typical guitar). With 13-60 D'Adarrios, I've been able to tune to BEADF#B. That's standard tuning down a few steps. In that tuning, I can drop the low B to a low A which is like the third string on a four string bass.

• Members

View Post

The Dano and Gretsch baritones come set up that way, and Schecter makes a 30" six-string bass. Keep in mind that you can buy a 28.75" bass. It

• Members

View Post

The Dano and Gretsch baritones come set up that way, and Schecter makes a 30" six-string bass. Keep in mind that you can buy a 28.75" bass. It

Archived