Why haven't you bought a baritone yet?

docjeffrey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinandstrat

View Post

Is it possible to convert a baritone into a six string bass?

Simple answer: Yes. They are the same thing save string guage and tuning.

Back in the 50's, I believe, Nathan Daniels [Danelectro] introduced a 30" scale 6 string bass figuring bass players would jump on it because they were getting 2 strings for free. Things didn't go quite as planned and it languished until some years later somebody strung one up with lighter guage strings, tuned it B to B, and gave birth to what we call the baritone.

• Members

View Post

Simple answer: Yes. They are the same thing save string guage and tuning.

Back in the 50's, I believe, Nathan Daniels [Danelectro] introduced a 30" scale 6 string bass figuring bass players would jump on it because they were getting 2 strings for free. Things didn't go quite as planned and it languished until some years later somebody strung one up with lighter guage strings, tuned it B to B, and gave birth to what we call the baritone.

• Members

It took me quite a long time and a lot of practice to figure out how to exploit my baritone, but now I'm addicted. It's a great guitar to play when you start to get stuck in a rut. Arpegiated chords with some pulsating tremolo sound massive and add a lot to recordings.

• Members

It took me quite a long time and a lot of practice to figure out how to exploit my baritone, but now I'm addicted. It's a great guitar to play when you start to get stuck in a rut. Arpegiated chords with some pulsating tremolo sound massive and add a lot to recordings.

• Members

View Post

Yes, people have done that with some models successfully. The longer the scale length, the better the liklihood of sounding good as a Bass-VI type bass.

• Members

View Post

Yes, people have done that with some models successfully. The longer the scale length, the better the liklihood of sounding good as a Bass-VI type bass.

• Members

I haven't bought one because I'm afraid of the scale length (I prefer shorter scale, especially for my electrics).

I tune all my electrics a whole step down, and my acoustic 1 and 1/2 steps down. So it'd make sense...but the last thing I want is a longer scale length.

• Members

I haven't bought one because I'm afraid of the scale length (I prefer shorter scale, especially for my electrics).

I tune all my electrics a whole step down, and my acoustic 1 and 1/2 steps down. So it'd make sense...but the last thing I want is a longer scale length.

Archived