Your first guitar?

batotman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my first guitar heh? was a no name strat copy w/no amp (don't even know if it worked) but i did use it to learn all my chords on!
my fist guitar that i had that worked was a madera(made by guild)sg copy which i played my first 100 or so gigs with through an huge peavey amp w/6-10' speakers:p wish i still had that amp:cry:

• Members

a single humbucker, silver "Memphis" brand guitar. Total POS that I bought off of someone in high school. Before long I got a new black Peavey Predator (USA) for $180. I used to lug it around in a black gibson gig bag...the triangle shaped ones...

• 6 years later...
  • Members

God, this brings back memories.  Almost 20 years ago, but it was a Fender Squier Bullet with a Peavey Rage amp.  About 6 months after getting my first and cheapest guitar, I got my second and most expensive even to this day... a custom Carvin with all the bells and whistles along with a Carvin half stack. 

• Members

I started learning on my mom's MARTIN acoustic, bought used in '64! I remember going to the local music store- "Hi, I want some new strings for this, so my kid can bang around on it." They were all like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!" I don't recall what model, it was one of those skinny ones, with the body connecting at the 12th fret. MY first guitar was a Peavey T-30, bought from the resident high school rocker. It was black, with white van halen stripes, and a gumby sticker! I quickly took it apart, refinned it red, had a new pickguard made, and installed one SD humbucker, not bad! -Adam

Archived